Chapter 4

"Alright, that's it for today. I'm cancelling class Wednesday so everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving. When we come back, we'll have one last class then the third test. Have a good day" Connor finished before the class started to get up. Summer wasn't sure why she was lingering but she was and when she looked up, there was maybe 10 people left. She put her iPad in her bag and got up.

"Ms. Young" Connor said before she turned to him.

"Yes, Dr. Griffin?" She asked walking to his desk.

"You've been avoiding me".

"I haven't been avoiding you, I dropped your book off" she rolled her eyes.

"You put the book at my office door with a note. I know you know my office hours, Summer".

"Okay, so what".

"So, I don't want you to think I'm gonna try something. I respect your relationship and that kiss was a month ago".

"Shh Connor. And that's not the problem".

"So what's the problem?"

"I'm not talking about this right now".

"Everyone has left Summer" he said and she turned around to confirm what he said.

"Still".

"So what, Summer?"

"I'm avoiding you because I'm in a relationship and I don't find a need to keep in touch with a man who is just my professor".

"I didn't ask about your relationship. Unless you think I somehow threaten it".

"You're so damn cocky. I like my boyfriend and I'm having dinner with his parents tonight before he goes home with them".

"Congratulations Summer".

"And for the record, you don't threaten my relationship Connor. That's why I'm still with him. It was a stupid kiss. Besides you kissed me".

"Have a good holiday" he said laughing a bit.

"Oh I will" she said turning and leaving.

///

"Okay, I will call you when I get there and if I sound in distress help me. Oh I know, I need a code word and when I say it you call back in ten minutes saying you're in the hospital" Avery rambled.

"Ave, you're gonna be fine. You know me, more than anyone, would hate to say this, but Darren really changed and I know he cares about you. It's gonna be awkward with his family at first but he wouldn't bring you there if it was gonna be bad".

"I know, that doesn't help the fact that I'm stressing" she groaned as Summer laughed.

"Well don't be".

"When are you leaving?" Avery asked.

"I'm flying out tomorrow night. My dad has a meeting tomorrow and they won't be there until Wednesday morning so I'll have to endure that time with my grandparents".

"They are not that bad".

"They are. They're nosey and judgmental" Summer said.

"Hm, well good luck. Excited for dinner tonight?"

"Yea, I am. I brought a new dress this weekend".

"How come I didn't see this dress?"

"Because you've been on Darren's dick all weekend".

"Oh yes, I forgot. Well send me pictures" Avery giggled "when is Chase leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning".