Chapter 16

Summer woke up and checked her phone. She was used to have course notifications, study group texts, or assignment reminders, but with summer break, she could finally relax.

She texted back Avery, who had sent her swimsuit options for the water park with her family, then sent Connor a 'good morning' text before she finally got up.

"Morning mom".

"Good morning" Susanna smiled as she cooked breakfast "slept well?"

"Mhm. Are we still going out for dinner to that new French place?"

"Yes, that's the plan. Had something else in mind?"

"No, just asking. We could go shopping if you and dad aren't working. I wanted to buy that Van Cleef bracelet set I showed you last night".

"I could always buy something. I'm sure your father won't mind. Can you go out back and get him, tell him breakfast is finished".

"Yea, no problem" Summer said leaving the kitchen and going to the back yard.
"Dad" she shouted walking off the patio and following Spencer's voice she heard along the side of the house.

"By the fire pit" Spencer shouted back. She passed the pool and the outdoor kitchen and grill area before reaching the fire pit and outdoor projector.

"Oh my god" Summer gasped as her father and Connor turned to her then rushed into his arms "how are you here?"

"I have a couple of days before I have to be back to work, I wanted to see you".

"I'll be inside" Spencer said then left the two of them.

"I missed you so much" Summer sighed, squeezing Connor even more.

"I missed you too, angel".

"My dad let you come? How did you even plan this?"

"When your father and I last talked, we exchanged numbers. Just haven't used them until now".

"Well then good for me. How long have you been here?"

"A little over an hour, I didn't want to wake you. Besides, your dad and I have been talking".

"About?"

"Nothing serious, he said if we were gonna do this, then he'd like to get to know me".

"He said that?"

"Yea" Connor nodded and she smiled widely.

"My mom said breakfast is finished".

"Then we should probably go inside" he said. Summer smiled again before kissing him.

"Thank you, mom" Summer said as they sat down at the dining table.

"You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it, Connor, it's simple but I'm not sure what you like".

"Oh no, it's really good Susanna, thank you".

"I'm glad. We're going out for dinner, I don't know if Spencer mentioned it, you're welcome to come".

"I would love to. I check in to my hotel after 3, so I can meet you all over there".

"And Spencer, we're leaving a little early to go to the jewelry store".

"Sure" he nodded.

"Sorry if I'm overstepping, but Summer mentioned that your mother had surgery" Susanna said.

"Yea a few weeks ago, she's doing much better now thankfully. My sister took a little bit of time off to pick up where I left off".

"That's very nice. You have one sibling?"