two.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER TWO

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Nyferia had never been as pleased as when for her name day she had received a golden necklace with the sigils of both House Martell and House Targaryen, with a yellow-orange stone in the middle. It had also been 10 years since she arrived from Dorne to King's Landing and only now did she feel like it wouldn't be too bad. Her friendship with Helaena was as great as ever and her relationship with Aegon had grown into a nice friendship over the last 6 months. The only downside was that for the unholy reason from the cruel Gods, Nyferia's name day was interrupted by Princess Rhaenyra going into labour.

The feast was hold off and there would not be a joust yet until they were sure everything had gone well with the Princess. Nyferia had hidden herself in the Gardens as her parents wouldn't be coming this year as they had work to attend to, the Braavosi Lords would be in Dorne and her mother had been with child again, the travel would be too much for her.

"You seem upset, did you not like the necklace?" Aegon asked when he found his betrothed in the gardens, she had been reading the new book from Dorne which Aemond had gifted her. The necklace had been around her neck and Aegon felt a slight bit of pride through his face as he saw the golden Targaryen sigil. The Targaryen sigil was normally red on black but because he had made the necklace gold, he had ordered the sigils to also be in gold, like the scales of his Dragon Sunfyre.

"I love the necklace, Aegon, but I had hoped to see my family or at least have the feast to look forward to" Nyferia said and Aegon gave her a small smile. He sat down on the ground with her and laid his head in her lap as he did often. "Read to me" he said, closing his eyes. The last months Aegon had tried to be better, drink less and he stopped paying attention to anyone but her.

Nyferia rolled her eyes and started to read from the book until Ser Criston Cole interrupted them. "What do you want, Cole" Aegon said as he opened one eye to look at his mother's sworn protector. "You are interrupting me" Aegon said as he looked at the knight who cleared his throat. "Your lesson at the Dragonpit will be starting shortly" Cole said. "I thought it was cancelled because of Rhaenyra pushing out another babe" Aegon complained, he had enjoyed laying in the sun with Nyferia. "The Princess gave birth to a son, and the other Princes are already on their way" Cole said, and Nyferia could hear the distaste in his voice.

"Go, I'll still be here, or with Helaena" Nyferia said pushing Aegon from her lap who groaned. "Fine, because you asked nicely" he said as he stood up before he was taken to the Dragonpit. Nyferia stood up and walked inside, following Cole until they ran into ser Laenor. "Ser Laenor, I believe a congratulation is in order" Nyferia said placing a smile on her face, she was not Rhaenyra's biggest fan, but Laenor had always been kind and he tried in spite of everything. "Thank you, Princess" Laenor said and gave her a slight bow. "What is his name?" Nyferia asked as she looked at Laenor. "Joffrey" Laenor said proudly and Nyferia forced a smile. "Lovely" she said. Laenor smiled brightly and moved on again.