ten.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Princess Eraella's first name day celebration had been joyful, she had received a small dragon pendant necklace from her Uncle Aemond, and a light pink dragon egg laid by Dreamfyre from her Aunt Helaena, as well as visitation of Prince Daeron, who had flown on Tessarion from Oldtown and presented her with a small crown made in the Citadel.

While Aegon had expected Maenar, who had just past his third name day, to be jealous of the attention on his baby sister, the Prince had been wrong. Prince Maenar had been of excellent behaviour, praised by all those at court, "as if he knows he's a Prince" one Lady of a Western noble house had proclaimed and the Hand and agreed. "The boy knows one day he will sit the Iron Throne, after his father" Otto had told Nyferia, and had even spoken to her father, Qoren Martell, about his plans to place Aegon on the Iron Throne, with Nyferia by his side and Prince Maenar as their Heir.

Of course, like any good father, Prince Qoren wanted nothing but the best for his child, for all his children, and while Otto spoke of the ambitions of his own House and blood, Prince Qoren had asked his daughter if that was what she wanted; to sit the Iron Throne besides her husband.

Nyferia had no answer for him, she had simply loved being with her family to even think further than a week. She wanted to hold her children close and spend time with them, but her dream had been slightly crushed when she was nearly past her 7th moon in her pregnancy.

Lord Corlys had still not recovered and his brother, ser Vaemond, had been determined to hold petitions for the succession of Driftmark, and while Aegon had been against it, the Hand and Grandsire had urged him to hold them; ser Vaemond Velaryon would be an ally to his succession over Rhaenyra's.

The entire Red Keep was being prepared, as Nyferia spend her time teaching Eraella to walk, holding her hand as Maenar held her other. He had been 3,5 now and she couldn't believe how much he had grown. He had started his High Valyrian lessons now, with his Uncle Aemond, and according to Aemond he had done very well in them. "Muña, will Eraella also take lessons with me and Uncle Aemond?" Maenar asked as they walked towards the Godswood as Nyferia smiled at her son. "Would you like her too?" Nyferia asked as she let the children play in the grass as she sat on a stone bench, resting one hand on her large belly. Maenar nodded before he went off to play in the grass.

Usually he would have swordplay lessons, but Aemond had requested the courtyard, given today Rhaenyra and her House would arrive, as would ser Vaemond, and he knew Nyferia wouldn't want her children too involved.

She watched her children until Aegon walked into the Godswood of the inner courtyard as well. "Kepa!" Maenar yelled, rushing over to his father, who wore Hightower green with silver three-headed dragon clasps to keep his clothes together. Nyferia wore a long flowy orange-red dress in Dornish style while her head was adored with a sun tiara. "Hello, my little dragon" Aegon said picking up his son, securing him on his hip as Eraella wobbled towards her father as well.