twenty-one.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Dowager Queen Alicent had been placed in a makeshift cell as she cried for her father before she was met with two guards of House Dayne and House Toland, before the new Queen walked in, her orange-coloured dress with the sigil of House Martell embroidered on her dress, stood before her as she looked down, nodding to her guards as she looked over the Dowager Queen.

"For the love my children bear you, I offer you your life, if you will please pledge to me" Nyferia said, her voice was soft. Her children never loved Otto the way they loved their grandmother. Alicent, with her hair bewildered, and her dress ruined, looked at Nyferia as she stood over her. "You—" she started as she scrambled to her feet. "Are not the true Heir of the Iron Throne, you have taken your husband's rightful claim and taken it for yourself" Alicent said. "Aegon was never meant to be King, he knows it, and I know it. But neither was Rhaenyra" Nyferia said as she looked at Alicent.

"The House of the Dragon has taken too much from the people, they took fire and blood with them to Westeros and expected us all to bow and bent the knee" she said as she looked at Alicent. "But House Martell does not bow or bend for anyone. And it's time Westeros knew that" She said as she turned around. "I will give you a day more to decide, or else it shall be Ryzmion who ends your life" Nyferia said before she left, followed by her guards to the tent which held the new Small Council.

Aegon had become her sworn sword, and her Prince consort, as she had named Baela her Mistress of War, and Lord Corlys had the Master of Ships. Aemond had taken the position of Hand of the Queen as he knew the Realm well from his studies. She was yet to find someone for coin and law, but that would come as she looked at the people around her.

"Rhaenyra resides in King's Landing still, but Daemon has gone to the Riverlands who still pledge for Rhaenyra" Corlys informed her. Nyferia looked at the map, she had the Westerlands, the Reach, the Stormlands and Dorne, but she missed the Crownlands, the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale, who all pledged for Rhaenyra. The Iron Islands had been divided as Rhaenys told her they still negotiated with Rhaenyra.

"We cannot count on the Iron Islands; they will seek out glory and the one to offer them the most" Corlys explained. Nyferia listened but did not reply. "Why is Prince Daemon in the Riverlands?" she then asked as she looked up to her Small Council, they all looked at each other but none had an answer. "Is he leading the armies there? Is he defending a large seat which puts Rhaenyra in favour or ahead of us?" she asked as she looked around, but no one knew. "Your Grace, Prince Daemon is not of importance" Lord Corlys said as he looked at Nyferia.

"On the contrary, Lord Corlys, Prince Daemon is of great importance, he is the one who Rhaenyra relies on, he is her greatest ally and strongest supporter" Nyferia said as she looked at him. "He is to Rhaenyra what Aegon is to me" Nyferia said looking around. "And he has seemingly willingly left her side in King's Landing with only the bannermen from Dragonstone and the Crownlands, something is not right there" Nyferia said as she looked around.