sixteen.

SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

It had been made clear that Princess Rhaenys was not consulted on her husband's decision, neither were Baela and Rhaena when they were asked to come to the Capital as Nyferia welcomed them by Lord Corlys' side. "Why are we here, Grandsire, and not by our Queen's side" Baela said a fiery tone in her speech which Nyferia was sure came from Lady Laena.

"The King named Aegon his heir before his death, you heard him Baela, it is not right to deny that when it's right in front of us" Corlys said as he looked at Rhaenys. "Daemon killed my brother, and I will not stand for that" he told his wife and she nodded, they had lost enough, perhaps this meant they would stop losing. "The Crown welcomes you, House Velaryon is a friend and ally, and my husband and I both hoped for you to join us in the Council, Princess Rhaenys" Nyferia said and Rhaenys looked confused. "Me?" she asked as she looked at the appointed Queen.

"Yes, you are a dragonrider, something I could never be, and your father was a skilled warrior as well. I come from a line of warriors, but I have never seen battle myself. It would be our honour of you could advice on the Small Council" Nyferia said and Rhaenys gave her a small smile of appreciation. "As well as help us make sure Tyland Lannister does all he can with the fleet" to which both Corlys and Rhaenys nodded before Aegon walked outside, with Aemond and Addam behind him.

"What has happened?" Nyferia asked as she saw the look on Aegon's face. "Lord Bracken, our last ally in the Riverlands has fallen" Aegon said. "I am taking Addam here to the Dragonpit. There are still some unclaimed dragons there" Aegon said and Nyferia nodded.

"You cannot do this!" Baela yelled and Nyferia understood. It was her father they were fighting, she understood why there would be pain in her voice. "Baela, we do not wish to harm anyone. Rhaenyra and your father Prince Daemon can remain on Dragonstone, rule as Lord and Lady there like House Targaryen has done before" Aegon said, and Lord Corlys nodded. "And excellent choice, my King" Corlys said. "You mean to make a branch House of them?" Rhaenys asked and Aegon nodded. "House Targaryen of King's Landing would be first in line to the Iron Throne, currently my heir is my son Aenar, and then after my children and my siblings will be House Targaryen of Dragonstone" Aegon said and Rhaenys nodded. "You mean to put your sister Helaena in line as well?" Rhaena asked, her eyes were slightly sunken, and she couldn't look Aemond in eye.

Aemond on the other hand tried to find the way to say how sorry he was for what happened, he never meant for Lucerys to die, to cause her such sorrows. "After Aenar will come Eraella and then Vaegon, but after him, yes, it will be my sister Helaena" Aegon said turning to Rhaena and she nodded. "It's a change, and a small one and I know, a hypocritical one, but that how I as King name it" Aegon said before he quickly kissed his wife and left to find the dragons.

"Come, let is go inside" Nyferia said as Aegon walked with Aemond and Addam to the Dragonpit. The Dragonpit did not hold many unclaimed dragons, the closest ones where Grey Ghost, and even Seasmoke who had returned to the Pit after ser Laenor's death.