eleven.

⎯SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Princess Nyferia wore the traditional colours of House Martell as she stood next to her husband, her belly swollen with their next child as she stood between Aegon and Aemond, her fingers playing with her rings that adored her hand and resting atop her belly. Aegon noticed his wife's discomfort, perhaps it was the eyes of court on them, or perhaps it had been the way Prince Daemon had stared her down.

But in reality, it had been the King's words of last afternoon, where he had proclaimed for Aegon to be King after and give Rhaenyra Dragonstone. It had made sense, the Princess was never at court and would expect herself to sit the Iron Throne, just like that?

Aegon intertwined their hands, taking a slight step back to stand slightly behind his wife as he placed their intertwined hands on her belly, it gave him comfort in a way. The feel of his child moving around at the sounds of court, the way he could feel Nyferia's heartbeat in her wrists as he held her hand. It gave him peace.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survives his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters. The Crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." Otto Hightower spoke as he sat himself on the Iron Throne, and Nyferia held no doubt he would announce the King's words of the changed succession.

Ser Vaemond was an ambitious man, Nyferia would give him that, but he also spoke the truth when he said the Velaryon blood did not run through the veins of Rhaenyra's children—at least not directly—but it seemed the Princess refused to admit anything.

"My Queen, my Lord Hand" Vaemond said as he stepped forward, addressing the Crown. Nyferia looked at the man, he had an arrogant smirk on his face as he looked at everyone. "The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind" Vaemond said.

Nyferia rolled her eyes, the words of Vaemond had been quite meaningless as he himself had not accomplished anything, her own House had accomplished more. She herself had accomplished more than the man before her.

Vaemond kept speaking about his true Velaryon blood and Nyferia had to remember she was standing before the Court. "the true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins" Vaemond said addressing the Crown. "As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon" Rhaenyra said, speaking through Vaemond's petition. "If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir, no, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition" Rhaenyra said.

"You will have chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra, do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard" Alicent said, standing next to Helaena who stood with Aemond. Nyferia looked at Rhaenyra, who looked slightly ashamed of being told off, like when Nyferia would correct one of her children when they didn't listen. It was the same expression, perhaps it was a universal Targaryen one.