twenty-two

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Nothing in this world can prepare you for the end, not the Gods they worship in the North, not the new selfish Gods of the South, not even the Gods the Targaryens brought from Old Valyria. No dragon dreamer, no seer, nothing can prepare you for when the end, for when the Stranger finally knocks on your door. For some, it comes in the horrid form of childbirth, women often meet their ends that way, and never is one prepared. Some do not wait for the Stranger to come as they take their own lives, some by sending themselves into war with no intention of winning, and some by the blade itself.

Targaryens often dream of a true Dragon death, as a dragonrider on the back of their dragon as they go down. There had been some who had said Prince Lucerys was met with a Dragonriders death, Queen Nyferia had her doubts that the mouth and stomach of Vhagar counted as a dragonrider's death. She believed it was flames, taking them how they came into this world.

She watched the skies as she waited for Princess Rhaenyra to land before her on her dragon Syrax as she pondered if the Stranger would join them that evening. She had told no one about her true intention, only that she would meet with Rhaenyra, but she knew Rhaenyra would not settle for what she had to offer. Rhaenyra wished to be Queen, and she had sacrificed her own children to get what she wanted. She had seen the storm clouds come in as she saw the yellow beast of the claimant Queen who landed before her.

The sun started to set as she wore a deep red dress with the sun crown on her head for her House. "I am surprised your lapdog is not with you" Rhaenyra said as she saw no sign of Aegon present. "I could say the same to you, Princess" Nyferia answered as she looked at the Princess, she looked weary, and her face had sunken deeply. She had left behind King's Landing, and Nyferia left Sunspear to meet in the middle, on an island unknown to anyone who did not possess its coordinates.

"It's Queen" Rhaenyra said as Nyferia turned her head. "Is it truly? You have to keep reminding people to much for me to believe your words, Princess" she spat as she looked at Rhaenyra. "What do you want, to kill me here?" Rhaenyra scoffed as she looked at Nyferia. "No, not even you believe that, otherwise you would have brought more than your spoiled brat of a dragon" she said looking at Syrax as Ryzmion growled behind her. Rhaenyra's face contorted in disgust for the Queen before her. "Then what?" Rhaenyra said as she looked at Nyferia. "I wish to gift you Dragonstone, become its lady like Targaryens have many years before the Conquest, it's time you dragons went back to your lairs." she said as she looked at Rhaenyra. "Hypocritical coming from the woman who has birthed Targaryen babes and wed the Usurper" Rhaenyra scoffed.

Nyferia turned her head. "I found love in my arranged marriage, that you ruined yours is not my problem" she said as Ryzmion grew restless. She looked at the Princess. "Take my offer, and I shall leave you in peace, do not, and I shall take everything and anything you hold dear" Nyferia said as her dragon rose to its full height to show how she meant her words. "You have already taken everything of me, what should make me believe you would leave me in peace" Rhaenyra scoffed.