nine.

SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER NINE

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Prince Aegon had sat with every Small Council meeting since his petition, his mother as advisor on one side, and his grandsire remained as the Hand on the other. None of the Lords spoke against the plans, at least now decisions were made, and while Nyferia was not actively on the Small Council, the Dornish Princess, the Sun of Aegon's life, was very much involved through her husband.

Aegon had planned, for whenever he had been King, he would name his wife his advisor and his brother Aemond as Hand, he had seen how his father failed his own brother, Aegon would not repeat those mistakes.

Court kept booming, depictions of House Targaryen remained to a minimum as the Queen ordered them to be replaced by the Seven, a slight foolish order according to Nyferia whenever she was asked. But other than that, Princess Nyferia didn't have anything negative to say about the Queen, her good mother.

If anything, their relationship had been better than Alicent expected, she had gifted her—and of course Aegon—with 2 children in their first years of marriage.

Shortly before Maenar reached his first name day, Nyferia announced her second pregnancy, a joy to both the Prince, the court, and the Kingdom it seemed. Princess Rhaenyra nor anyone from the Blacks had shown themselves since the events of Driftmark, they didn't show for Maenar's name day celebration, or the celebration of Prince Aegon's second child, a daughter, Princess Eraella, they had named her, a beautiful baby girl with the Targaryen silver locks and violet eyes of her father.

Eraella was the eye of Aegon's eye, he held her in his arms for months, only letting her leave to feed from her mother's breast. Princess Nyferia insisted all her children would be fed from her own breasts; no wet nurse would feed them.

Time flied for Aegon and Nyferia, as Eraella was almost expecting her first name day within the week, and it seemed the small children tapping their little feet around the Red Keep had done well to keep the attention of the King on Aegon, as he remembered to ask for them and for Aegon more often. Aegon even visited his father, speaking to him with the Hand about council matters or to show his grandchildren.

Maenar seemed to be the most vocal of the two so far, his dragon, a blue and gold hatchling which looked like it could belong to Sunfyre and Tessarion, which he had named Xerdrae in his babbles for a 2-year-old. Aegon had helped his son and he had responded well to that, both rider and dragon.

Eraella had bonded with a light pink and silver wild hatchling after there had been no new egg for her cradle, the hatchling had already been a year and grew fast and large but was a gentle she-dragon which the Dragonkeepers named the Lady of Dragons.

Even with responsibilities of the Small Council and court, and 2 children, Aegon and Nyferia never stopped loving each other, if anything they loved each other more.