eighteen.

SUN AND FLAME

⎯SUN AND FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

As Nyferia looked at the men, preparing for the battle to come, Nyferia kissed the top of her remaining children's head. Aenar, her sweet boy, and Eraella, her darling girl. "Sister, I wish to speak with you before I leave" Aemond said as Baela and Rhaena walked over, they understood their father had gone too far as they took the children with them to let the Queen speak to the Hand. "Of course," Nyferia told Aemond as she turned to him. "I wish to apologise" he carefully said.

Nyferia took a deep breath. "No, you have nothing to apologise for, I would never understand your position, the bullying as children and the loss of your eye, that is something I could never imagine, nor could I imagine what you must have felt for the person responsible especially when no justice was given to you" Nyferia said as she held Aemond's hands. "All I am asking you now, is to avenge my son, to protect our King" she said. "To protect yourself. Do not make me loose more than I already have, good brother" Nyferia said and Aemond nodded, straightening himself as he heard her words. "With fire and blood" he said repeating the words of Aegon's anger.

"With fire and blood" Nyferia repeated. Aemond nodded and bowed his head in respect before he walked towards the other men preparing for battle, she watched them try and take off before Aegon stepped out. "Where do you think you're going?" Nyferia asked, looking at her injured husband, the burns might have healed fast, probable to his own dragon blood, but his arm had not. "To war, with my people and my brother" Aegon said looking at his wife as with a look on his face of disbelief as if she told him pigs actually do fly and the pink dread from his childhood was joining him. "No, you're not" she said as she looked at him. "What kind of King would I be, if I did not protect my people, to protect my armies?" Aegon said and silence befell the entire Keep as they looked at the King and Queen. Some, not all, had doubts when the succession changed, as they had only known Rhaenyra as their Heir, especially Rhaena and Baela who stood with Lord Corlys now, and Aegon's children.

"You are injured, and healing" Nyferia said, her eyes watered slightly. When she told Aemond to look after their King, she meant as his hand, not as his right hand in battle. "Aegon, please" she begged. "I cannot lose anyone else this war" she nearly cried and Rhaena looked down at the Queen's words, she understood them more than anyone. She might have been young, as was Lucerys, but she had loved him in a way. And she had lost him.

"I will return to you, my Sun, I promise you" Aegon said kissing her before he whistled, causing Sunfyre to land before him, avoiding the people. "Protect him, Sunfyre" Nyferia whispered before the men took off and Sunfyre took flight.

Nyferia did not know where they would go, but she knew a battle would be held wherever they went. "Baela, Rhaena, I need to request you look after my children, protect them with all you have" Nyferia told them and they looked puzzled. "Of course" they said before Nyferia turned to Rhaenys. "How far are you willing to go to support me in my madness?" Nyferia asked. "If it stops this war sooner rather than later, then I am all for it" Rhaenys said as she offered Meleys as a ride to where Nyferia needed to go. Nyferia wore a golden dress, resembling Sunfyre as she asked Rhaenys to fly to Dorne.