fourteen.

SUN AND FLAME

⎯SUN AND FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Aegon Targaryen, second of his name, was dressed in the early morning by the servants send to him by Otto Hightower, his grandsire, as he had asked where the children were. Neither Nyferia or Aegon answered him, saying they were safe, and they knew where that was.

The servants dressed him in black clothing, to show slightly the colours of House Targaryen and the fact they were mourning King Viserys, as a golden chain was placed around his neck, adored with emeralds. "What be the sigil of the King?" the Maester asked as he looked at Aegon who held Nyferia's hand as the servants started to braid her hair. "Three headed dragon, with a sun behind it, and gold. The dragon must be gold" Aegon said looking at his wife, who gave him a soft smile as the servants send away the Maester and Hand.

Nyferia was placed in a blood orange dress with golden metal detailing on her shoulders and her hair neatly braided. While Aegon had planned for this, he knew there was a war coming. Aegon had not let go of her hand as people started to prepare them to leave, to sit in the wheelhouse as they were brought to the Dragonpit.

"Do you think everything will be alright?" Aegon asked as he looked at his wife, one of the few reasons for him to keep living, the other reasons were his children. "I hope so" Nyferia said as they walked towards the wheelhouse, smiling softly at the people waiting to catch a glimpse of them. Many in King's Landing had already heard the news, of the announcement King Viserys made during the petitions of the Heir of Driftmark. They still, however, wondered who would be crowned today. And when they saw the Martell Princess, and her Targaryen husband, the late King's words were confirmed once more.

Aegon and Nyferia arrived at the Dragonpit, waiting to be called upon by the Hand of the late King, Aegon held himself high, his face held in the hands of his dear beloved wife. "We'll make it, we will be alright" Nyferia said to him, as he nodded his head. "Perhaps it's not yet too late to escape to Essos" she joked trying to lighten to mood. "Great idea, my Sun" Aegon said before the voice of the Hand rang into their ears.

"Our beloved King, Viserys the Peaceful, first of his name, has died" they heard. "And now a new King, and Queen will reign as a new age is upon us!" Otto said before Aegon stepped out, walking between the City Watch men and the Kingsguard with Nyferia right behind him, until they reached the podium.

On Aegon's face, a lonely tear rolled down before Aegon and Nyferia kneeled before the High Septon. Otto had smiled with pride at his grandson as the Dowager Queen stood with her other children, Daeron had flown on his dragon to King's Landing as he watched his brother be crowned.

Nyferia didn't even hear the Septon's words as they kneeled before him, tears had streamed down her own face as her hand searched for Aegon's which he gladly accepted. Rage filled her body as she realised everything had been set in place, long before she was even properly wed to Aegon. How Otto had made sure a strong alliance was given to his grandson, how Aegon took on the responsible role in court, and how Viserys saw such leader qualities in him. And now he was crowned King of the Seven Kingdoms, yet the people he cared most for were not here to share it. All Aegon held in the capital was his siblings and his wife, as his precious children were away in Dorne, protected by their maternal family.