seven.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER SEVEN

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Princess Nyferia and Prince Aegon truly seemed to be in their honeymoon phase, many servants had regretting entering their chamber when they didn't respond to a knock as they were always naked and tangled into each other. It was no surprise to anyone when Princess Nyferia's belly started to quickly swell, and while Queen Alicent knew the child was conceived before the wedding, the Hand did not care. All the Hand cared for that it was a boy, a son from Aegon's bloodline.

But what neither of them had expected, with Aegon's love for wine and his dismissive attitude towards his family, was how protective he had been of Nyferia her entire pregnancy, the moment he knew she was with child, he had always one hand resting on her belly softly letting his thumb caress the swell. He had started to drink less to the point even the King had noticed. But Aegon had made himself a promise the moment Nyferia had told him she was with child.

Viserys had never been there for him, never been a father or even a father type figure, if anything Viserys was more like a distant Uncle, not even his actual Uncle Daemon had been distant like his own father had been. His mother had tried, but she herself had not the best example when it came to a father figure in her life. But Aegon vowed, to any of the Gods that would listen, the Old and the New and the very Ancient of Old Valyria, that he would never be anything less than a good father.

Nyferia had noticed, and she had stayed by his side, knowing how much relief it brought him to know where she was and that she was safe.

Her pregnancy did not change either of their lust for them, even when her belly started to get bigger, they would find ways to still be together in the most intimate ways.

Near the end of her pregnancy, Otto Hightower had announced how they were planning a tourney of the birth of the first child of Prince Aegon and Princess Nyferia, his excuse to both of them had been to be simply celebratory but both knew it was because Otto was still planning to make Aegon King, and if Nyferia would have a son his side would even be stronger, because who would choose Rhaenyra and her bastard sons, when he had King Viserys son and a daughter of Dorne.

Nyferia had hated the last few weeks of her pregnancy, it had been humid, and she was always tired. Aegon had tried to help her, bring her anything she like, ordered the maids to fill a bath for her, but nothing seemed to be relaxing her. It had been a week or so before her 18th name day when she woke up experiencing sharp pains in her belly, knowing the babe would soon be here. Aegon had called for the midwives, and had insisted on staying by his wife's side, but the midwives and his Grandsire had dragged him out of the room, yet even after he remained in front of the door, waiting until his child would be brought into this world and he could see his wife and child.

Nyferia had cursed at everyone in the room, from the midwives to the wetnurses who were there for another helping hand, but when the cries of pain from Nyferia stopped and the cries of her first born filled the room, no one could stop Prince Aegon from barching into the room, joining his wife's side.