thirteen.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Just as the sun was casting over the Red Keep, Aegon Targaryen, the King's first born son—the first one to age past infancy—woke to people hustling around, he left his wives side, clothing himself as he watched the cradle of his newborn son, whose eyes were open and looking at the cot mobile which was made of wood and the figures had been three dragons, for House Targaryen, and a sun and spear for Nyferia's house.

When Aegon looked upon his son, he noticed the most peculiar thing, one of Vaegon's eyes resembled that of a dragon, almost snake like. Aegon smiled, there was no doubt that his son had been the blood of the dragon. But his mind was quickly taken away from his son when he heard someone locking the door. Aegon walked over, trying to open it but it wouldn't budge.

"What's happening?" Nyferia asked, groaning as she sat up, her body ached from childbirth. "I don't know, someone locked our door" Aegon said looking back at his wife, who he quickly walked towards to as he kissed her head. "Get dressed" Aegon said and Nyferia nodded, as Aegon snuck away through a secret passageway in their room, towards the bedrooms of his children, whose doors were also locked.

"Come, my sweetlings, we need to go" Aegon said when he looked through a crack in the door of Eraella's room and saw all the servants being taken away. "Find the Heir" Otto had roared through the Keep as he noticed some people look sad. The King is dead, was the first thought Aegon had. With Rhaenyra off back to Dragonstone, they would make great haste of it to make sure she wouldn't oppose to it now that he had been named Viserys Heir, but not all the Lords had yet sworn to him, only House Lannister, Velaryon, Beesbury, Hightower, and Wylde had known he was made the Heir, as well as some lower houses from the Crownlands who had witnessed the petitions.

As hard as Aegon had worked for this, he knew neither his sister nor his uncle would easily give the damn thing, they would come for him and his children, and he needed them far away from King's Landing, they would be much safer in Dorne where Prince Qoren, Nyferia's father, ruled. He dressed Eraella and Aenar before they returned to Nyferia's room as she had quickly fed her child and dressed him, waiting for her family. "Aegon" she said when Eraella rushed to her mother, Aenar stood tall next to his father.

The boy, only 5 name days, had noticed the urgency in both his father's and his mother's voice as he watched Eraella, who had been barely 3, as Nyferia collected them all, a hood covering both Aegon and Eraella's silver locks, too obvious for Flea Bottom for them to escape. "We shall go to the Pit, if we manage to reach Sunfyre before they catch us, we can make it to Dorne" Aegon said and Nyferia nodded, the five of them huddled out of the secret passage down into the streets of King's Landing, towards Flea Bottom as they made their way to the Pit.

As they were escaping the Keep, Otto had ordered the Prince be brought to him before they told the Hand that Aegon nor Nyferia or their children had been in their rooms. "Well, find them!" Otto roared and Alicent looked slightly scared, she knew Rhaenyra to be ambitious, but none were as ambitious as her husband, the Prince Daemon.