three.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER THREE

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Nyferia looked at her stitching for her embroidery class, it was not any good, her mind had been away from her stitches, and she had been trying to think how she could make it work with Aegon. Perhaps she should not be as mad as she was about the whole ordeal, Aegon was a teenager, and she should not hold him responsible for how they would be once they were adults.

He would be her husband, no matter what they'd have to accept that. She had noticed how her feelings had been up and down regarding Aegon, it was annoying her. Nyferia huffed and left her work before she walked outside, catching a breath of fresh air as she watched Aegon and Aemond train with Jacaerys and Lucerys. She sat on the steps before the gate of the Keep. She watched as ser Criston instructed Aegon and Aemond but didn't seem to teach Jacaerys and Lucerys as much. Aegon looked at Nyferia, smiling softly as he walked over to her, ignoring Cole's calling.

"Come" Aegon said held up his hand offering it to Nyferia, she raised her brow as she looked at Aegon. "I will teach you" he said as he took her hand. She looked at him, and then around her, expecting it to be a practical joke, but Aegon kept to his word as he took her to the yard and gave her practise sword, which she had seen him use when he was younger. It was a wooden sword, unlike the blunt metal one he used now.

Aegon stood behind her, showing her how to wield the sword. It wasn't like Nyferia didn't know how to fight, she was a daughter of Dorne, she knew how to fight. She knew about poisons and how to protect herself. But she liked Aegon trying to bond, it was a rare sight. But Cole didn't think the same as the Prince it seemed. "Aegon" Cole called out trying to stop him from being distracted, but it seemed to annoy the young prince.

"I am showing my betrothed how to protect herself, you can teach the little ones now" Aegon said, giving Cole some attitude. Nyferia saw ser Harwin walked into the yard, and she knew that could lead to trouble. "It's alright, Aegon, you should continue" she said and gave him a smile of appreciation, before she moved to the side, Aemond giving her a small smile as well. He didn't' think it was right for Cole to treat her like that.

"If you think you are finished well enough to teach others, why not go against me" Cole said, looking at Aegon who smirked. "You and your brother, against me" he said. Aegon looked at Aemond before nodded, the two princes charged at the knight, cheered on from the sides by Nyferia. Harwin in the meantime gave Jace and Luke some tips, to keep their swords up. Cole who was undefeated by the young princes, looked at Harwin. "It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention, Ser Criston" Harwin said, and Nyferia looked at the two men.

As long as she could remember those two had been at each other as much as Princess Rhaenyra and Queen Alicent had been. Nyferia looked as the City Watch Commander walked around the courtyard. "You question my method of instruction, ser?" Cole asked spitting out the ser like it had been of poison and someone forced him to say it. "I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils" Harwin said and looked at Cole and Nyferia didn't like the look he had on his face. She knew Cole could be, different from the other knights his only loyalty was to the Queen and her children and by extent the Princess of Dorne, even though he silently believed Aegon could do with a more dutiful future wife.