five.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER FIVE

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Nyferia had not been home in so many years, she almost forgot what Dorne looked like, and she would not see it again any time soon. Aegon's name day was approaching, his 18th, and that meant Queen Alicent and the Hand wanted them to wed, as soon as possible. It had even gotten worse when news arrived in King's Landing that ser Laenor had died and within the week, Prince Daemon and Princess Rhaenyra had wed, they recently welcomed their first son, who they unfunnily named Aegon.

Nyferia's relationship with her betrothed had been much better since that night at Driftmark, the two had grown together, and while Aegon still drank a lot on occasion, he knew that Nyferia was there for him. The two of them even had gotten accustomed to sleeping in the same bed. So, often if Nyferia went to bed before Aegon, she would sneak through the hidden passages to his room, her snakes often occupied her bed, and none had been the wiser.

Even if they did, there was nothing they could do, the Hand would only wed them faster. If Nyferia didn't spend her time with Aegon, she spent it with Helaena or even Aemond. She mostly was around Helaena; she had been her closest friend at court and the only one who would try be a good friend. Most ladies of the court tried to befriend her because she was a princess, but she wouldn't fall for their schemes.

She was currently spending her time trying to get her wedding dress fit. The Hand planned it a week after Aegon's 18th name day which was a little over a month away now. She looked at the emerald green dress which clung onto her body. She absolutely hated it. House Martell wore reds and oranges and yellows, not green, not did Targaryens. They wore red and black, but the Hightowers had made everything green.

Nyferia had stared at her reflection in the mirror as she picked up the green fabric, it wasn't comfortable nor was it beautiful to her. "You seem frustrated, my Sun" Aegon said as he sneaked into the room and sat on Nyferia's bed. "It looks hideous" she said throwing the skirt up and pulling at the tight collar. Aegon laughed as he watched his betrothed. "You look beautiful" he said, and she gave him a playful annoyed looked. "You will say that even if I was wearing rags from Flea Bottom" she said and Aegon smiled. "Because you are beautiful, no matter what wear" he said as he stood up and held her hands.

"Why do you not wear something you like?" he asked looking at her. "Your mother has decided what I should wear" Nyferia said and looked down at her dress. Aegon put two of his fingers under her chin and raised it as he watched. "When has that ever stopped you" he said. "Won't you be disappointed then?" she asked. "I will only be disappointed if you weren't yourself." Aegon said. He had grown over the last four years, he was already taller than her but now he was even taller than before, and his hair was still hitting his shoulders.

Nyferia hadn't grown much she reached just above his jawline. She was fine with her height it was perfect to lay her head on his chest whenever they slept together. They only slept never did anything more, even if they both longed for it, there had been some touching, but they tried to not go further, mostly because they knew they'd be in a little trouble if Nyferia would be with child from it, but now that the wedding was so close, neither of them wanted to wait anymore.