six.

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

⎯THE SUN AND THE FLAME

CHAPTER SIX

☀︎☀︎☀︎

The wedding between Princess Nyferia of House Martell and Prince Aegon of House Targaryen had been talked about for generations to come to the point it had been compared to that of Elia Martell and Rhaegar Targaryen, although Oberyn Martell would say it was tasteless to compare his great ancestors wedding to that of his sister's broken marriage.

Everyone had been invited by Otto Hightower, from Cregan Stark in the North to the Lannisters in the West, the Tully's, the Arryn's, the Baratheon's. Everyone had come from far and wide. Even Princess Rhaenyra and her family had been invited, and while Princess Rhaenyra—round with her second child of Prince Daemon—had come only to see the Lords that supported her, knowing the marriage would be only for alliances and allies for Prince Aegon to become King.

Prince Aegon had been dressed in the traditional Targaryen black, with a golden chain over his shoulders with green jewels placed in it. While everyone had expected Princess Nyferia to either wear the orange and yellow colours of House Martell, or Green for House Targaryen as they all waited in the Dragonpit, which had been transformed for the wedding, like it had been for the wedding of Queen Alicent and King Viserys. But instead of Green or Martell colours, Princess Nyferia walked into the Dragonpit with Sunfyre landing behind her in the entrance, a sight none had seen before but had placed a smile upon Prince Aegon face, especially when she wore a red dress, with gold jewellery, which bled into black like a Targaryen might wear.

Aegon smiled as she finally joined him by his side. This wedding and everything around it may have been for his Grandsire and mother, but she, Princes Nyferia, had been for him, and him only. She was his Sun, and nothing could or would come between them.

The wedding had been in the tradition of the Seven, and while Aegon held the hand of his wife as they sat through the feast, she smiled upon him. Her family had travelled from Dorne, and while she had wished for her mother to be able to see her, she was happy to see her father and siblings. "Are you happy, my Sun?" Aegon asked as he looked upon his wife. She had turned to him and smiled even brighter. "I am" She said as she placed a hand on his cheek. "Are you?" she asked as she watched his face, as the feast went on before them.

"As long as I am by your side, I am" he said, and gave her a weak smile, he didn't want to be here, but he didn't mind being near his sweet Sun. "I have news for you, my Flame" she said as she watched him put his cup to his lips. "And what news do you bring?" Aegon asked as he looked at his dear wife. "I am with child" she whispered in his ear and Aegon smirked, knowing how frantic his mother will be once she finds out, but she would not yet. Aegon kissed her hand. "Nothing more you can do in this world to make me happy" Aegon said as he looked at her. She gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before she stood up and walked to her sister.