Chapter Six

Alone in Lincoln's cave, Faye was left with nothing but her swords and thoughts. Normally she wouldn't mind being alone, but like this she was alone with the thoughts of what could have happened to Lincoln.

Alone in the cave Faye was able to hear every sound, even the sound of beating footsteps. She drew both her swords and held them ready. 

"Whoa!" Finn ran in and shined a light into the cave. 

"What are you doing? You were supposed to be gone by now." Faye scolded him for being such an idiot while Finn looked everywhere in the cave. "What are you looking for?" She asked.

"Something to save my friend. Something to slow her internal bleeding." Finn said.

They both turned. "Lincoln, you're alive."

"I told you to leave." Lincoln lowered the knife he held at the ready.

"We tried. The scouts were already there." Something in Finn's pocket sounded.

"I'm out of ammo!

"What is that?" Lincoln asked. "Why are you not there?"

"Raven was shot. We need medicine to slow the bleeding." Finn explained.

"You came to save one life?" Lincoln demanded.

"I don't have time to explain. Do you have the medicine or not?"

"I have it." Lincoln found the medicine easily and threw it at Finn. "I'm going with you." Lincoln said when he listened to Finn's radio. "Let's go."

"Like hell you are." Faye stepped in front of Lincoln. "You've risked your life enough for these people, and what have they done for you."

"Faye, this isn't up for debate."

"You're right it's not." Faye agreed. "We're going east." She said. 

"We can't leave them to be slaughtered. Don't run from another fight. Please, if you asked me to I wouldn't hesitate to follow you into a battle that was stacked against us."

"This isn't a battle. It's a war."

"Wait! Guys. What if it wasn't stacked against us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Finn said. 

"What are you talking about?" Lincoln asked.

"How far did the Reapers chase you?" Finn asked.

"They'd still be chasing me if I didn't lose them. Why?"

"I have a really bad idea." 

Lincoln followed Finn out of the cave. "Curse all the men in my life." Faye said, following after them. If she didn't, she knew they'd get themselves killed. At least with her she felt they stood a chance.

- - -

Faye, Lincoln, and Finn found the Reapers heading back to their tunnels.

"This is a new level of idiotic, even for you." Faye said as they all waited behind a fallen tree. 

"You got a better plan?" Finn asked. "Okay, who wants to get their attention?"

In fact, nobody did. 

Faye and Lincoln looked at Finn. "I came up with the plan." Finn shrugged. Faye was about to argue that that should mean he be the bait, but then Lincoln held his fist in his free hand. 

They both tapped their fists on their palms three times. Faye kept her hand in a fist while Lincoln laid his flat over her fist.

"Damn you." Faye muttered.

She walked out from behind the log to draw attention to herself but the Reapers were too busy getting a fire going. 

"You're doing a great job." Finn told her. 

"Nobody asked you." Faye waved her arms around, already feeling like a fool, then she screamed. "Come and get me you idiotic, slimy, sack of bones."

"The plan was to get their attention, not insult them." Finn reminded her as he stood up to get ready.

"They should consider that a compliment." Faye said and turned to start running. 

They all three ran faster than their body's wanted them too. Lincoln's lungs were dry, Finn's feet felt heavier than before, and Faye's entire body was on fire.

When they reached the camps wall they jumped over the creak and into the woods. They didn't stop until they were sure the Reapers had gone for the army of Grounders waiting at the gates.

"That was terrifying." Faye said, she placed her hands over her eyes and tried to catch her breath.

"We can't stop. Clarke's about to fry everyone who's not in that dropship or at a safe distance." Finn told them. 

"I need to find Octavia." Lincoln said. He ran into the woods where he thought she would be. 

"This is your last chance. You don't have to directly fight with your people, but you can at least be safe in the dropship."

***

Sorry that Faye and Bellamy haven't really met yet but I promise it's coming I just needed a build up to season two.