Chapter 108

"Where does it lead?" Niylah questioned as they all stared at the glowing funnel before them. Raven out in a code and stepped back.

"Everywhere." Raven said, holding the helmet.

"We need to go to Penance and find their trail." Faye said, remembering what the man had said about her friends, what planet they were on. "How do we get there?" She looked at Raven.

"We use the map." Raven put on her helmet. She spoke to the helmet then talked to them. "It's not responding. It—The map doesn't use names, only symbols." She realized, now talking to herself.

She began talking to herself again, but the others still listened. "Two stars?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah."

"So, that gives us a 1 in 4 chance. That's if one of them is Penance." Miller said.

Faye knew Miller was loyal, but she wouldn't ask any of them to follow her and Clarke to an unsurvivable planet. "We try them all. Pick one and enter the code."

"Okay. This one looks fun." Raven talked to herself. "It's showing me what symbols to touch." She walked up to the sphere.

"What if the fun one isn't survivable?" Niylah asked.

Clarke looked at Faye. Clarke turned to face the others while Faye watched Raven. "No one has to do this. You should each decide for yourselves, but we're not losing anyone else."

Fay's looked over her shoulder and smiled at Clarke.

"Well, in that case, you should consider what happens when the dead Disciples up there don't check in." Miller reminded them and Faye's smile fell.

"They'll send more." Gaia said. "I'll stay to warn the others and protect Madi."

"Thank you." Faye nodded.

"Boom." Raven said. "Who wants to go for a ride?"

They all looked at each other. "Why not?" Niylah shrugged.

"I'm in."

"What the hell? This planet sucks anyway." Miller said causing Faye to smile a little.

They said goodbye to Gaia and Faye went straight into the glowing, green light.

It was freezing. They walked out of the light and Faye's jacket was not enough to protect her fingers and ears from freezing.

"Bellamy!" She yelled.

"Octavia! Echo!" Clarke yelled for the others through the wind.

"Safe to say, we're on the wrong planet." Miller said as Raven took off her helmet.

"I agree. If these people could choose a new world for a home, it wouldn't be this one." Jordan said.

"I don't know. I think it's pretty cool." Niylah smiled. "Cool." Get it?" She asked.

"Miller's right. We move on." Faye said.

"According to the computer, the Stone is near those rocks." She looked into the distance and suddenly put up her hand to point, realizing the others couldn't see. "Two kilometers that way. I see the cave entrance."

"Wait a minute. There's something buried in the snow here." Clarke knelt next to a limp in the snow and shined a light on it. "It's a body."

"Have I mentioned that I don't like it here?" Miller said.

"Ossuarium."

"What?" Faye looked at Raven.

"The planet's primary us. I'm pretty sure it means a place to store your dead. I've seen that symbol before." Raven said as Clarke got rid of the snow.

"Can we keep going? The Stone's this way." Faye said with her arms folded.

She began to walk towards the cave, only a few minutes later did the others follow.

"Uh..." Jordan saw the cave and hesitated.

"Don't be such wimps." Raven said. Faye quickly jumped into the cave, sliding down a rocky slope and landing on her feet. "Just like that." Raven shrugged. "Come on. The Stone's 200 meters this way."

The others followed Faye down. "That thing doesn't have a light, does it?" Faye asked.

Raven thought for a moment. "Heh. Cool." One of the triangles that made up the helmet lit up, showing the way. "I hope no one's claustrophobic."

Faye hesitated to follow Raven. The tunnel she went in looked like it only got smaller. Faye wasn't afraid of small areas, she was afraid of being trapped in one where she couldn't move her arms, or getting stuck.

"Are we really doing this?" Miller looked at Faye.

"What the hell? This planet sucks anyway." Faye said, going into the tunnel and following Raven.

"What's that smell?" Clarke's face turned down at the pungent odor coming from the tunnel.

"More dead bodies?" Faye wondered sarcastically, but hoped it wasn't true.

"Is it me, or is it warm in here." Clarke said.

Faye could feel herself getting hotter and more frustrated. This tunnel felt like it would never end, she was getting hot, and they weren't any closer to finding Bellamy or the others. She just wanted to get out of here and find the Disciples. They were sure to have answers about her people.

"It's not you. The temps tires up 50 degrees from the surface." Raven said. "There must be some kind of thermal heat source down here."

Miller turned sharply when he heard noises coming from behind him.

"Miller?" Faye stopped, looking over her shoulder, but she was unable to completely turn. "Hey." She went to lift her head up and look for Miller, but hit her head on the cave ceiling.

"Yeah. I'm coming." Miller said.

"150 meters. Huh. There's an opening up ahead." Raven pointed out.

There was a loud screech and Faye ran into Niylah's boot. "Did anyone else hear that?" Niylah asked.

"I sure did." Jordan said.

"What the hell is going on." Faye dropped her head, only wanting to keep going and get out of this hell hole.

"Raven? Why are you stopping?" Clarke asked.

"Something's down here." Raven whispered. She suddenly started screaming and Clarke yelled at them to go back up.

"Shoot it with the laser!" Jordan yelled at Raven.

"No. It's a cave it could collapse on us." Clarke said.

Raven soon stopped screaming, but she was gasping for air. "Raven, are you okay?" Clarke asked.

"Yeah, it's gone."

"Okay. We've got to keep moving." Faye said.

"Wait. We're going toward that thing?" Jordan asked, not going any further.
"We don't have a choice. We've got to get to that stone." Faye kept close behind Niylah as they continued moving.

They finally came to an opening and Faye was released they didn't get stuck for too long.

***

sorry this is like super late but i have no excuse and i want to finish this book off strong.