116

"Wait. Hold the door." Faye ran into the machine shop.

"Faye!" Raven said, surprised to see her make it back.

"What's in the bag?" Cadogan asked suspiciously.

"Antitoxin from the farm house." She said, still panting for breath.

"For your daughter."

"Enough for all of us, but, yes, I was thinking of Madi before you." She took off the bag and tossed it to Bellamy.

"Another lesson in the destructiveness of familial love." The Shepard said.

"Something like that." Faye headed for the door. She tried to pull it open but it was sealed from inside.

"Do you have the Flame or not?" Cadogan asked, ignoring her persistent banging on the door.

"If you open this door, I'll give it to you without a fight." Faye gave one more offered.

"All right. Disciple Kelly, the door." The guard obliged and blasted a hole in the door.

Murphy went in, desperate to find Emori while Faye followed quickly behind.

"Madi!" She called out through the smoke.

"Faye?" Madi ran towards her. She looked confused when the men in white filled the room.

Without a word, the slowly irritated Shepard held out his hand for his key. Faye pulled the case from her pocket. The last bit of home.

She opened it the reveal the wires and chip. Cadogan took it, looking at it from the case. Still covered in black blood, but he still smiled.

"For all mankind."

They were now all trapped in the machine shop until the eclipse passed.

Faye explained to Madi that Clarke was safe, but Madi still looked uneasy. "I don't think you should have given him that."

"I know." Faye admitted. She knew she didn't always make the right choice, but this one kept him out of her head. "Do you know where my sketch book is?"

Madi nodded her head. She was going to tell Faye where until she was stopped.

"I don't need to know. Don't tell anyone that, ok? Ever." Faye watched Madi nod in understanding.

- - -

They went into the throne room. Everyone was dead but Sheidheda, barely. Jackson, Gabriel, and Indra, who looked willing to shoot anyone. She demanded to know where her daughter was.

"It's okay, Indra. He's gonna help us." Faye said.

"Does that mean you have the Flame?" Gabriel asked.

"I do." Cadogan said, his mission complete.

"I believe I can restore the damaged code with this." He gestured to a machine that looked of his own making. "It's used to repair memory drives, stitching together broken strings of code, code that like the Flame itself was created by—"

"Becca Franko." Cadogan said. "Show me."

Faye grabbed Madi's hand. Her plan of giving the Flame to Cadogan because it was broken, was shattered. She's destroyed the Key, and now Gabriel was giving Cadogan a back way in.

"If Becca's memories are still in here, this will find them." Gabriel powered up the machine.

"Now we can start the Last War."

"We are. I'm sorry." Gabriel said, almost to himself as he pulled out a gun and shot the Flame. He then aimed it at Cadogan.

Faye pulled Madi back as Gabriel gave orders to the Disciples. He took the antitoxin, which Faye was unaware he hadn't already.