Ten

24 June 2020Harry Styles

24 June 2020
Harry Styles

I miss Emersyn tonight.

Knowing she's at her house being forced to be around people that she doesn't necessarily want to be associated with and I'm not there keeping my eyes on her. Even if she doesn't think it, I'm always lurking purely because I have zero trust in anyone in that house, well, besides Emersyn and Koen.

I don't like her being there when so many people are there watching her, she's so sought after because of who her parents are. Everyone's focus seems to slip onto her because they know the power she unknowingly holds.

She's so precious, so innocent and I'll do everything in my power to protect her from the evil in the world. She doesn't deserve to be exposed to it all, I'll never forgive myself if she eventually is, it feels inevitable.

"Are you thinking about Emersyn?"

Turning my head from gazing out the window at the dark sky, I look at Zayn as he sits on my bed with Bear by his side and Zara across his lap. "Leave me alone." I murmur, beginning to pick at my red nail polish that coats my fingernails.

He raises a brow, watching me but I turn my focus from him and instead look down at my fingers. "You should've just gone there tonight." I hear Zara speak softly.

"They would have shot me before I even got through the doors, it's a private event tonight." I would've been there but causing Emersyn the extra stress of trying to hide me somewhere in her house doesn't seem fair.

"Like that's ever stopped you, you've been lingering around for months." Zayn chuckles, bringing the orange flame of his lighter up to the cigarette perched between Zara's lips.

"Don't smoke in here." I shake my head, not wanting Bear to be around the toxic smoke. Zara climbs off of Zayn's lap at my request, taking his hand and walking past me out to the balcony silently.

With a deep sigh, I fall back onto the soft sheets of my bed, Bear leaning over and beginning to lick my face in greeting. "Hi baby Bear." A small smile appears on my face as he lays down, resting his chin on the top of my chest. "You miss your best friend, Em don't you." My hand glides over the top of his head, scratching behind his ears gently.  "I miss her too."

He obviously can't respond to me which sucks, I feel like he'd give me good advice or maybe reprimand me for getting myself so infatuated with someone so out of my reach. It doesn't feel like she is out of my reach, however, she feels so close right now, the future is just unobtainable.

Oh, Juliet, what are you doing to me?

There's a smash outside, Bear lifting his head on alert and looking in the direction of the balcony where Zayn and Zara are smoking. Rolling my eyes, I sit up, "what the fuck are you two doing out there?!" I shout to them, standing up from the bed while Bear leaps off.