Fifty Four

Warning
Violence + Blood

29 March 2021Harry Styles

29 March 2021
Harry Styles

"You're stressing."

I look over at Zara whose eyebrows are raised as she focuses on her gun that's gripped tightly between her slender fingers but she speaks to me.

"Am not." I murmur back like a child, tucking my gun into the waistband of my jeans and turning my full body to her.

She glances over at me, "are too."

I scowl and it only makes a smile spread over her lips, "come on, talk to me. Why are you stressing out?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I look away from her and instead focus on the building ahead - people are in there having a good time, dancing, drinking, chatting. It's lit up in the moonlight, merging with the yellow toned artificial lights that pours out of the grand windows and illuminates the gravel car park.

"H, you should go into this with a clear mind. I'm not going to judge you for worrying about something... is it Emersyn?"

The little stones crunch under her heavy boots as she approaches me, standing at my toes and staring at my face to capture my attention. "She'll be fine tonight, she's so safe with Niall and Zayn. They'd kill for her and you know that, we've got the risky task." She laughs softly, "but focus on getting home to your girls, there's a baby waiting for you to snuggle with in a few hours."

My little Oakie girl.

"Alright, let's get this over with." I decide suddenly, a smile spreads over her lips.

She lives for the hectic stuff in life, the thrilling and dangerous tasks which is why she's here with me and not her boyfriend. Zayn works best alone and in a quiet environment which is why protecting Niall and Emersyn from the outside makes the most sense. I know he'll be worrying about his girlfriend but I promise to protect her like he's doing for Em.

We have a generic game plan for once we get in there... don't get caught. It's easier said than done but we're both smart so I have hope, Max is just an intelligent man - well, claims to be.

She walks slightly ahead of me with a spring in her step, shifting closer to the shadows just in case someone happens to look out the window. We both keep quiet, I'm deep in thought about my wife and how she's getting on - I hope she's okay and not worried.

I think they're leaving soon, I just hope they stay safe and don't be reckless.

Like the universe knows I'm thinking of her, I feel my phone buzz in my back pocket and I just know it's her which makes me pull it from my pocket instantly.

From Juliet <3
Hi Angel, how are you getting on? x

My fingers move against the small keyboard, pausing my steps to focus completely on my reply. .