Eleven

25 June 2020Emersyn Ripley

25 June 2020
Emersyn Ripley

Getting high with you might be my new favourite thing to do, you seemed to be amused with how happy I became with the drug in my system. I'm usually alone when I smoke and it definitely isn't as strong as what entered my lungs tonight but seeing you smile at my happiness was like a drug in itself.

The stars made pretty shapes above my head, it was mesmerising to see all the little balls of fire come together to make something so pretty even if you couldn't see them.

Maybe another time we can lay in the grass with the purpose of star gazing, maybe you'll even find some shapes up there.

I'd like to do that one day with you, Romeo.

Maybe I should make a list? Would you like that?

You really listened to what I said when we made that blanket den in my bedroom, you brought me to a park to help heal my inner child.

She needs a lot of healing, thank you for listening to what I say and actually taking it in. I've never really had anyone do that for me and I appreciate it with my whole heart.

You're a sweet boy.

Straddling Harry's front, arms tight around his neck as he walks with ease down the pavement. He's not even looking where he's going, eyes on mine with his hands on my thighs.

There's gentle care in his eyes, watching me above him while searching my eyes for something. The way he looks at me makes me feel like putty, melting into his hold simply because of his soft gaze.

I don't think anyone's looked at me like he does.

He makes me feel something, butterflies, a tightening feeling in my chest, like all the words have been robbed from me and it's terrifying.

Eight short days it's taken for me to feel like this, for a few of those I hated his guts and thought he was out to simply irritate me. However, I've built some trust in him, who would've thought?

Maybe everyone gets this feeling with someone, I can't quite pinpoint but my heart is screaming it's love but my brain is being rational, reminding my heart it's been such a short amount of time.

I've never felt so cared about in my life.

My entire life was a strategic move from my parents, they had to have a child to pass the business down, although they were expected to have a son first. That's the only reason they had a second child, a boy was a necessity to carry on our family name, poor Koen.

They just expect me to carry on someone else's surname, marrying me off to someone wealthy where I simply become useless and forced into a mould of someone I am not. I don't see children in the cards for me, the idea of being pregnant freaks me out and the only way I would consider a child would be to have it with someone who loves me.