Fifty Seven

Emersyn Styles

Emersyn Styles

Warm rays of sunlight pour through the thin white curtains, kissing every inch of my skin as I lay quietly in the soft embrace of my sleeping husband. His gentle breaths cause his chest to rise and fall beneath my head, his hand resting over the ink embedded on his sternum.

His beautiful butterfly.

Tilting my head back from the crook of his neck, I feel my senses begin to wake up slowly - happy babbles coming through the monitor make the room even warmer. Somebody is clearly awake already, a tired smile curving on my lips at the sound of my little Angel, her soft incoherent words being heard by Harry as well who chuckles raspily.

"Someone's awake." He hums quietly and I reply with one of my own.

I know when she starts to talk and her little voice starts coming through that baby monitor we'll be in trouble but right now we can listen to her little gurgles for a few more minutes until they turn to whimpers.

She misses us.

Leaning up, I kiss Harry's sharp cheekbone, hearing a sleepy grumble leaving his parted lips and I smile softly before climbing from the bed. There's a chill that runs up my spine, the warmth from the duvet doesn't follow me as I head through our door and across the hall to Oakley's bedroom.

Her door is always left ajar so Bear and Buddy can exit whenever they please except they never do. I peek inside, sunlight showering through her curtains and igniting her little features as she sits upright in her crib looking around the room and babbling away to Buddy who sits beside her.

"Morning baby Oaks!" My voice is quiet but excited, her little head looking in my direction as I creep inside her bedroom.

A wide chubby smile spreads over her face, an excited gurgle leaving her lips as her tiny arms throw around in pure morning glee. "Oh my cute girl!" My hands slip under her armpits, lifting her from her bed and pressing my lips against her chubby cheek - kissing her hundreds of times. "Good morning, sweet girl."

She's giggling softly, the ticklish feeling of my lips on her cheek eliciting the beautiful sounds from her and my heart is bursting with love for the girl I created. I pull her back, holding her on my hip, "shall we go say mornin' to dada? We loveeee dada, huh?"

My lips are curved into a permanent smile, resting my forehead against hers while slowly swaying in the warm bedroom. "I love your dada so so much, he keeps us so safe. You're such a lucky girl, you might not think that when you try to have a boyfriend, or a girlfriend... I think he might be a little protective of you." I gently boop her nose, "he's probably listening and nodding his head."

I let out a soft laugh that she copies, giggling gently before resting her head on my collarbone. I take that as a sign she's ready to go see her daddy, walking out of her room and back across the hallway to mine and Harry's room where he's laying in bed pretending to be sleeping but the dimpled smile on his face says otherwise.