Fifty

23 February 2021 - 20:14Harry Styles

Harry Styles

"Are you sure we have everything?" Emersyn checks with me for the tenth worried time, sitting on the bed in one of my hoodies and a pair of shorts all cosy and adorable with messy hair and tired features.

It's dark out now, delicate snow whizzing down to the ground while cold wind whips around. She's decided that going to the hospital is what she wants to do, I think my explanation of an epidural really changed her tune.

She wants to get in that hospital and get an epidural as soon as humanly possible. I've rang her doctor and explained so once she's in and been examined they'll sort a plan out, she has already made a birth plan.

"Baby, I'm so sure."

Her contractions are closer and I know that she needs to get to the hospital as soon as possible, she needs to be in that environment long enough to relax and find it calming instead of being panicked and on edge.

"Sure sure?"

I roll my eyes playfully, her brows are raised with worry and I know she's incredibly stressed we'll leave something behind but Niall and my parents have reassured her repeatedly that they'll bring anything to her.

Leaning in closer, our lips brush together. "I'm sure sure sure we've got everything." Then I kiss her, silencing her worries instantly and she melts against me - savouring what could be our last passionate kiss before we meet our daughter.

She pulls back first, I await another worry to leave her lips. "We haven't got her fucking name."

My brows shoot up, looking at her slightly amused as she angrily peels herself up from the mattress but once she's vertical a contraction hits her body - desperately reaching for my comfort.

I smooth my hands down her back, "that's it, deep breaths." She drops her forehead down to my shoulder, rocking her body gently in the hopes to soothe the pain - my hands helping her movement. "You're doing so good, Mumma."

A minute passes by slowly before she feels strong enough to peel herself up from my body independently, "we need to get to the car before I have another."

Understanding why she wants to be in the car during the next contraction, I haul the heavy bag onto the shoulder hoping everything has actually been packed while she grabs a blanket from the bed - she loves that blanket so much and I have a feeling it brings her a sense of security and comfort.

She's quick on her feet, waddling away from me and up the corridor towards Niall who just left his bedroom with his brows raised. She heads into his arms and he kisses the top of her head affectionately, I smile at the two of them.

"Next time I see you, you'll have a little baby girl in your arms." He chuckles, I don't think he's quite got his head wrapped around the prospect of Emersyn and I having a child.