Thirty Three

24 July 2020Harry Styles

24 July 2020
Harry Styles

Put a price on emotion, I'm looking for something to buy.

My fingers strum the guitar strings mindlessly, trying to piece together how I want this song to go while my notebook rests open with lyrics written messily across the double page. Writing music has become my escape since Emersyn pointed out my guitar, she's my inspiration, the reasoning behind every pluck of the strings and each simple word that gets scribbled onto the pages of my notebook.

My beautiful wife.

The lyrics all scream Emersyn, it's evident that she's all that plays on my mind through the entire day and thoughts of her lull me into a deep sleep every night whether she's with me or not.

I've been blessed with an innocent angel, thinking about anything other than her would seem stupid.

She's corroded my mind, plagued every thought to come crawling straight back to being all about her, I can't complain about that. She's all I ever want to think about.

Having an angel in my life is my blessing, an angel with those fucking red lips that taunt my dreams. She's like having an angel and a devil on my shoulders, one side smiling innocently while the other whispers things that have my knees weakening.

There's something about her that's addictive.

She's rain on a summer's day.

She's blossoming flowers in the spring.

She's the first coat of nail polish on fresh nails.

She's chirping birds on a Sunday morning.

She's dancing in the kitchen in the summer breeze.

She's running through flower fields

She's getting high in playgrounds under the stars.

She's getting married in Vegas under the lights.

She's a star.

She's my stargirl.

Everything about her is so perfect, she's every perfect scenario my mind can create and I can't wait for the day I can complete my imaginary bucket list with her, our future holds so much joy.

I've never experienced the feeling Emerysn gives me in my chest before I met her. It's constant butterflies swarming my stomach, a fast heartbeat whenever she smiles and being unable to look away when she's happy. She's changed my life for the better, she's been there by my side and I'm grateful I get to call her my wife.

You sunshine, you tempress.

With my head tilted back I mindlessly continue to play the guitar into the silent air, awaiting a reply from Niall so I know the plan for tonight and whether I can spend my time with Emersyn in my arms.