Fifteen

27 June 2020Emersyn Ripley

27 June 2020
Emersyn Ripley

Molodys.

Harmonys.

Music is universal, the true love language but the best music to ever grace my ears is the sound of your voice. It's claimed my soul, tied every loose string with yours and now we're entwined.

I've been asking myself what love means, what is love Romeo?

To some it might be a simple thought, a realisation about someone else but I think it's deeper than a simple thought.

I think you know from the minute you meet someone you know whether you'll love them or not. The second I saw you again a feeling erupted inside me, it terrified me to no end so I tried to hate you.

Hatred was never how I truly felt, Romeo.

I loved you from the beginning.

I felt the needle thread through my heart and sewed it to yours, that was the moment everything clicked into place. Every time I look at you I feel overwhelmed in the best possible way, my heart races and I know everything has clicked beautifully into place.

You were so unexpected in my life but now I can't imagine you not lurking around.

Now I think about you whenever we're apart, you've taken over my mind. I hope in our next lifetime we're neighbours, growing up as best friends until as teenagers we realise that we actually love each other and we get to get married, have children and grow old together.

I think we're truly soulmates.

The utter relief I feel around you is indescribable, I didn't think I'd ever find someone who brought my being to peace. I got lucky, didn't I? Not everyone finds their soulmate with so much ease, I must have done something brilliant in a past life to find you in this one.

My life feels like it's always been plagued with something, that I was born into this life as a punishment for something but I don't think we'd have met if I hadn't. Unless, I was born in Italy and I met you while you were over there.

Maybe I truly am lucky that Max and Cordelia are my parents.

"I had fun tonight." I whisper to Harry, straddling his thighs while he sits on his motorbike a few houses down from mine.

"Even as unconventional as it was?" There's a pretty grin on his face, looking up at me with his head tilted to the side ever so slightly and happiness gleaming in his eyes.