Thirty Nine*

27 September 2020Harry Styles

27 September 2020
Harry Styles

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?"

Her gentle voice carries through the September breeze that floats through my home mixing beautifully with each strum of my guitar as I lounge on my bed and await her heavenly entrance.

The sun is beginning to set outside, I snuck out of the wedding party early and it seems as though she followed after me. Turning my head in the direction of my open door I watch her walk in, her wedding dress still clinging to her angelic figure and the smile taking over her face is one of an Angel.

"Quoting Romeo and Juliet, are you?" I tease, moving my guitar from my lap to make space for Emersyn but she chooses to stand at the side of the bed.

She smooths her hands over her tiny bump, forcing the silk of her dress to hug her skin tighter and making the home of our unborn baby more obvious. "Look how big our little star is getting!"

I shuffle forwards, wrapping my arms around her lower back to bring her tummy closer. "They're growing so well in there, I can't wait to meet them."

Her giggle is angelic and I replace her hands with mine, keeping the material tight to her stomach while she runs her fingers softly through my hair. "Do you think it'll go by fast?"

Glancing up at her under my lashes, I'm grinning childishly just happy to have her so close to me. "Loving you has flown by so yes, you'll be holding our little star in your arms before you know it."

"That's scary to think about."

"Mhm, I know but when they're here you won't be able to remember life without them." I can't remember life before she told me about our baby and that was yesterday, we're going to have the sweetest star baby and my heart is ready for this big change in our lives. "Let me get you out of this dress, wanna see your skin and give our baby some love. I've missed them."

I release her from my hands after spinning her to face away, reaching to grasp the small white zip hidden between all the beautiful embellishments of her dress. "Someone's gotta take this dress off you, yeah? It's your wedding night after all."

Sliding the zip down I hear her breathe out a sigh, finally being able to drop the silk she's been wearing all day to the ground - revealing her beautiful body with red lace clinging to her. A red strapless lace bra with matching underwear, my hands smoothing up her soft thighs to drink in the sight.

Touching her skin like this reminds me I'm alive, that my innocent angel is truly a little devil in disguise. I toy with the waistband of her underwear, teasing and hearing a soft hum leave her lips so my hands continue to head north up her body.

I smooth them around her waist, feeling over her stomach gently where she's growing our little star. I wonder how big they are, if they have any features that make them look like an actual human yet, if their tiny heart is beating. I need to google all this.