Forty Six*

9 January 2021Harry Styles

9 January 2021
Harry Styles

I found Emersyn sobbing in an empty hospital room. I immediately thought the worst had happened before a nurse informed me that Niall was in emergency surgery. They wouldn't tell me anything about his condition but did inform me for the twenty minutes between Niall being rushed into surgery and me arriving Emerysn had curled herself up in that chair and cried, she wouldn't speak to anyone.

My parents drove me here, I took Koen who'd been traumatised by the whole ordeal and cuddled up to Buddy for some comfort. During the drive I phoned Zayn and Zara who came down to the hospital to pick Koen up and take him somewhere safe with Buddy while my parents drove down to our safe house by the coast.

We'll probably stay there for a little while to keep everyone safe but when it comes closer to Emersyn's due date we'll have to come back home so she can feel comfortable with her doctor in the hospital she knows we're going to.

I don't know what the fuck happened today and who put all that stuff in an envelope, it definitely wasn't the man who handed it to him because that's risky but it's someone who wants to see Emersyn's downfall.

My immediate thought was Joe. He must have a lot of built up anger towards my wife due to their failed relationship and now his parents are most likely pissed they aren't closer to the core of the company, they missed the opportunity.

But there's also part of me that wonders if he did actually care about her and doesn't want to see her downfall, he'd also have to be aware of mine and Em's relationship. I just don't think he's smart enough to figure it out.

It took a lot of convincing for Emersyn to leave Niall's hospital room even though he wasn't there yet. I told her he'd like to not see his own blood stained on her hands which struck realistation in her bones and she agreed.

We stood in the bathroom in complete silence while I scrubbed the blood from her palms, she was just watching the pale red water run down the drain. I think the whole ordeal reminded her of losing Maura, the trauma of the aftermath and how I spent time cleaning her off.

She wouldn't say a word, too overcome with worry for Niall whose condition we don't know. My poor Angel is so afraid for him.

Niall's strong, he'll make it through with a grin on his face - I know him.

She's way too overcome with terror to even believe a word that'll leave my lips, she needs to see him okay with her own eyes. When her hands were clean I gently explained what was going on in regards to everyone in our lives, I don't think she absorbed anything I said to her, she was just staring into space while holding her hand on her tummy to feel our baby kicking.