Epilogue

8 years laterHarry Styles

8 years later
Harry Styles

"... then you gotta put on the cute eyes I taught you and Uncle Niall will get you anything you want!"

My brows raise at how Oakley speaks to her younger sister about their Uncle while he sits across the room from them, glancing around Emersyn at him as he pretends to not be listening.

"Little Angel, he can hear you." Emersyn laughs softly, glancing over at Niall who sighs deeply while snuggling closer to my son.

"This is why you're my favourite, Rhodie." He mumbles down him, hearing a soft laugh exhale from his lips but he's too engrossed in the tv screen to really take notice of the situation.

"Birdie, go ask Uncle Niall for some sweeties!" Oakley encourages her sister cheekily, Emersyn swears it's inherited from me.

My youngest baby climbs up from the floor on slightly unsteady feet, her bouncy blonde curls breezing behind her as she rushes across the length of the living room towards her uncle.

She may only be three but she's definitely got her older sister's cheeky flair but the soft nature and gentleness of her older brother Rhodie who's only just over a year older than her.

Emersyn and I weren't sure if we'd ever have anymore babies but when Oakley was getting older I think Em was ready to go through pregnancy in a safe environment. Residing in Italy, she gave birth to our healthy baby boy Rhodie Edward Styles in the middle of a hot summer.

Then for my birthday I was surprised with a positive pregnancy test for our surprise youngest and last child. We had Birdie Mae Styles premature, she had weeks in the NICU before being able to come home. She's healthy but struggles with her hearing in one ear, Emersyn was blaming herself for not being able to get to full term which was the reason she decided therapy might be a good idea to help her.

A big step but now she gets to discuss the horrors of her past and learn new ways to deal with the anxiety that sometimes consumes her.

We live in a beautiful home, the one I bought almost a decade ago with Lorenzo and Gabriella residing next door and Niall living the other side of them with Zayn and Zara who recently welcomed their first baby, Isla, a few months ago.

Koen has remained living with us, now in his early twenties but constantly travelling from Verona to Rome to stay with his girlfriend who resides in the city. Our family has flourished, my parents staying in England but coming here for the entirety of the Summer every year without fail to spend time with their grandchildren.

My smallest baby pulls herself confidently into Niall's lap, almost tumbling backwards but he swoops to quickly catch her before she can tumble. I watch them from the floor, smiling as Niall tries desperately to fight the one wanting to curl on his lips.

She leans in, gently tapping his cheek. "Uncle Niall?" Her little voice will forever melt my heart, glancing at Ophelia who looks incredibly proud she's taught her baby sister a new cheeky skill.