Forty Nine

23 February 2021 - 11:56amEmersyn Styles

Emersyn Styles

We had to leave the beach house last week. After Harry killed Micheal and everything went down with Niall's missing sd card the stress must've taken a toll on my body because I have had contractions every day since that, some days I have two and others I'm having like twenty. There's never a pattern, they never get worse but vary in length and it's worried Harry to the point that we've left the safety of the house and returned home.

Niall and Koen have moved in as well, ever since the incident with the sd card Koen has been extremely apologetic to the point that I was growing concerned about his mental health.

I'd get him into therapy if the situation was easy, if he could openly talk about the troubles in our life but with all the illegal things being done it's never going to work.

Anne gently combs through my hair as another contraction begins to tear through my body. I'm laid in her lap in the living room while she encourages me to breathe deeply. Harry went to the shop with Niall and Koen to buy some of the final things on my list in preparation for the baby - we have been very unprepared.

The nursery is done though, she has a cot set up attached to my side of the bed so she'll be extremely close while we sleep and it has her going home outfit laid inside of it waiting for her.

"That's the third one that's been consistent... do you want me to ring Harry?" She asks softly when the pain begins to subside, continuing to comb through my hair comfortingly.

"Not yet, I don't want him to rush." I decline, I need him to get everything on the list because if this is the official start of my labour then we do actually need the stuff. We didn't have any fucking bottles or pacifiers or little baby nail clippers - apparently you need them?

"Alright, do you want to move? Are you comfortable?" Her voice is so gentle, trying to keep me soothed and calm because she knows how hard I've been struggling. I have been trying to hide my contractions from Harry but Anne knew instantly what was going on, taking it upon herself to care for me.

"Could you help me sit up?" I request softly, feeling her gently tucking her hands beneath my body and beginning to slowly help me move.

Once upright, I slouch back on the sofa and my hands go to my bump that's hugged by the thin tank top I'm wearing. She's kicking around in there, "I accept your apology, Little Star... are you ready to meet Mummy and Daddy, huh?"

To think that in a few hours I could have my baby in my arms is completely terrifying. It's all fun and games being pregnant and imagining my life with my daughter but now I think I'm in the early stages of labour it's getting a lot more real.

"I think she's very ready to meet you both." Anne smiles, tucking some of my hair behind my ear and gently using her knuckles to massage my scalp.

My contractions are about fifteen minutes apart but they're established, this is the first time there's been a pattern. They actually started about seven this morning but I kept them hidden from Harry mostly out of fear but with him at the shop and Anne worriedly watching over me it became hard to keep them secret.