13: Talk

Y/n's POV

I heard some footsteps. They came closer.

"Tae, we'll be going now." I heard Jimin's voice say.

"Alright. Thank you, Jimin." Tae said, softly.

The footsteps seemed to get further away. I suddenly felt Tae cupping my face.

"Y/n, please look at me." Taehyung's voice sounded so soft and it seemed as if he was pleading with me. I could not, not listen to him. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. Once I saw Taehyung's face, I started crying more. His face looked as if he was on the verge of crying too. His expression pained me so much.

"Please don't cry..." He wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"We haven't really talked about this, but I wanted everything to become clear between us. I know you forgot everything, but I didn't. I love you Y/n, I did, I do and always will. Even though you might not love me...I do. So what I'm trying to say, or rather ask..."

He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath, for a second.

"Please, don't leave me. Just- just let me l-love you... I'm not asking you to love me back, but just... let me- let me love you." His voice cracked. He sounded hurt. He was practically begging me now. His hands dropped to my shoulders.

I don't know what to say to him. I just felt bad. I didn't want to make him feel like this. I was sure, I wasn't going to leave him anytime soon. I don't know what sentiments I was feeling, but it didn't matter.

I pulled Tae in for a hug. I buried my face in his chest and tightly surrounded my arms around his waist. I didn't want to let go of him now. He hugged me back. I stopped crying, so I could say something.

"Taehyung, don't worry...I won't leave you. I am sorry, I can't return your love for me, but I promise you...I won't leave you." I spoke between my sobs.

I felt Tae hug me even closer when I said that. He was holding onto me, for dear life.

"Thank you. Thank you so much." He whispered.

I smiled. I wanted to see his face, so I let go. When I pulled back and saw his face, I smiled even more. He was smiling and looking like a child, who got the candy they asked for. It was too adorable.

"God, I really love you, so much." He quickly pulled me in for a quick, tight hug and then let go.

He looked at me with every ounce of love in his eyes. He wiped away my tears and his own.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He suddenly asked. It seems like my words were enough to make him feel better.

I liked that idea. Getting some fresh air now seems great. Plus, this is still a date, so we needed to end it well.

I nodded my head. We went towards the table to grab our stuff. We were about to walk out, till someone stopped us.

"Hey, you both! Already leaving?" We turned to see Jin, standing behind us.

"Yes, we're going now. Thank you for everything, hyung."

"Huh? Jin?"

"Taehyung, did you not tell her?" Jin asked.

"Whoops, I forgot."

"What are you talking about? Jin, why are you here?" I was so confused.

"Who do you think made your food?" Jin spoke proudly.

"You made our food!?"

"Of course! It's my restaurant. Well, my dad's." Jin laughed.

"Oh! I didn't know that. The food was absolutely delicious, Jin." I gave him my honest thoughts while smiling.

"I know! I made it after all. Haha." Jin's confidence is something I wished I had.

"Well, we'll be going now hyung."

"See you both later." Jin waved us off and we went outside.

It was completely dark. It was pretty cold, but it wasn't unbearable. I was about to put on my jacket, but I didn't have it with me. I forgot it in the car. Of course, I did. I rolled my eyes at myself. Suddenly, I got some goosebumps, so I rubbed my arms. It seems like Tae noticed it. He took off his jacket and put it on me.

"Thank you." I smiled a little at him. We kept walking.

"Did you enjoy the song?" He suddenly asked.

"I did, it was lovely. I didn't know Jimin could sing that well."

"Haha, yes. He can sing very well, actually, all of the boys can sing or rap."

"So that means... You can sing too?"

He laughed. How I loved to hear that baritone, warm voice, laugh.

"I actually can." Damn, can this guy get more ideal?

"I want to hear you sing." I gave him some puppy eyes, so he wouldn't be able to refuse.

"Now?"

"No, not now. Another time."

"Hah, sure."

We entered an empty park and went towards a bench to sit down on it.

"Hold on, I'll be right back." Tae said and stood up to go somewhere.
-
A few minutes passed and I was still waiting for Tae. In all the silence, I heard some footsteps. I turned my head and saw Taehyung standing there, with two ice cream cones, in his hands. He smiled and walked towards me. He sat down and handed me a chocolate ice cream.

"I saw an ice cream shop when we sat down. Nothing is better than ice cream in the evening. Am I right?" he chuckled.

"You are completely right, sir." I giggled.

I took a lick off my ice cream.

"Hmm. I love chocolate ice cream!" I let out.

"I know."

I turned to him and gave a smile. Tonight was the best night ever with him.

"Thank you, Tae. I had a wonderful night."

"No problem. Instead, I should thank you."

"Thank me? For what?"

He stared deeply into my eyes, before saying,

"For staying with me."

Ah, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. The fact that he looked so great right now, didn't help.

"You're welcome." I softly said with a smile.

We continued eating our ice creams. When we were done, we walked back to our car. We went home and went straight to bed. It was a tiring night, but it was an amazing date that I wouldn't want to share with anyone else, other than Tae.

I was sure. I made a good decision. If there is anyone that could love me so much, it's Tae. Being with him makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. I feel satisfied. I'm looking forward to how things are going to be from now on.

__________________________________