16: Dinner

Y/n's POV

After making an effort for many hours, we finished our work and everything was figured out. It took a long time, though. I was exhausted and so was Jungkook.

"Hey, good work. Thanks for your help." Jungkook complimented as he walked up to me.

"You too and, no problem." I smiled at him while clearing up my documents.

"Um, it's pretty late and you must be hungry. Want to go eat some dinner with me? I'll drop you home afterward." He asked me in a shy tone.

I somehow didn't expect that. Should I go with him? Ah, why not. I'm pretty hungry after all.

"Uh...Alright, sure."

He smiled. He let me put on my coat and we went outside. We got into his car and drove to a restaurant close by.
-
We entered the restaurant and when we sat down, a waiter came towards us.

"Good evening sir, ma'am. What would you like to order?"

"I will have a gorgonzola pizza and a red wine." Jungkook ordered.

"What do you want, Y/n? Order anything you like, I'll pay." He said as he faced me. Wow. Free food! Nice!

"Then, I'll take a spaghetti carbonara and a coke."

"Alright. I'll be back with your food in just a moment." The waiter said before walking away.

"Do you perhaps not drink?" Jungkook asked.

"Not really. I don't like it that much. I'd rather drink coke." I answered him. He suddenly chuckled a bit.

"What's so funny?" I asked, confused.

"Really, you really are like Tae-hyung." He let out.

"Huh, what?"

"It's just, Tae-hyung doesn't really like alcohol either. Just like you, he rather drinks coke. If he drinks, he either is in a very great or very bad mood." Aha. Noted.

"I see...So Jungkook-"

"Call me JK or kook, or even kookie, if you'd like. It's shorter." He cut me off. He sneered at me. The audacity this man has.

"Jungkook-"

"Kook." He pressed.

Argh, this guy.

"So Kook," I emphasized. He smirked.

"Tell me more about your love life. Do you have a girlfriend or a crush, perhaps?" I curiously asked.

One of his eyebrows shot up and his eyes twinkled in mischief. His smirk widened.

"Curious, aren't we? Why do you want to know? Are you interested?" He said in a flirty tone as he bent over the table a bit.

Is this guy for real? Did he get amnesia too or something, that he forgot I'm his friend's girlfriend? I just wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"Excuse you? Don't you know I have a boyfriend? Your friend!" Unbelievable.

His smirk disappeared from his face but he smiled instead. What is going on in his mind?

"Don't worry, I was just teasing you." He stuck his tongue out.

"I was just wondering what you would say."

God, this guy.

"But to answer your question. No, I don't have a girlfriend or a crush." He answered honestly as he laid back in his chair. I got even more interested now.

"Why not? It doesn't seem like you would have a tough time getting one?"

He smirked slightly again at that.

"Oh, believe me, I don't have a tough time at all. When I step outside, there's a whole line of girls waiting to become my girlfriend." He says with an arrogant tone. How cocky.

"Then why don't you get one, Mr. Popular?" I rolled my eyes at him.

His face suddenly became a shade of pink.

"Eeh...It might sound cliché, but... It's more like, I haven't found the one yet, you know?" That's a cute answer.

"Hmm. Interesting." I was finding this conversation pretty amusing.

"Wh-" Jungkook was about to say something, but the waiter from before interrupted him.

"Sir, ma'am, your food and drinks are here." He put our plates with food and drinks on our table.

"Thank you." I thanked the waiter. He walked away again.

"Let's eat!" I happily exclaimed when I saw the delicious-looking food, totally ignoring Jungkook.

-

Taehyung's POV

It's been about 4 hours since Y/n left. She didn't text or call me once. I figured she was busy, so I didn't text or call her either, in case I would disturb her. But I'm honestly worried now. What if something happened? What if Jungkook said something he shouldn't have?

Oh god.

Should I call her? But won't that make me look as if I don't trust her? I don't want her to think that, since I do. Ugh. Whatever. I decided to call her.

I pressed the call button and waited for her to pick up. After two rings, she did.

OTP

Y/n: Hey, Tae!

KTH: Hey, Y/n. Are you guys done with work?

Y/n: Yeah, we are.

KTH: Oh. Then, are you both on your way home?

Y/n: No actually, we're eating dinner at a restaurant right now. We were very hungry, so we decided to eat something before we left.

Oh. I know I sent her with Kook, but it didn't feel nice now. Hearing that they're both alone, made me feel scared. This may be jealousy or fear of losing Y/n, but also fear of Jungkook. I don't know which one it is.

KTH: Oh, uh, alright. Come back soon.

Y/n: Alright! See you later. Bye Tae!

KTH: Bye love.

I ended the phone call. I was feeling anxious, so I just wished she would come home immediately.

__________________________________