25: Lie

Author's POV

"Sorry, hyung. I shouldn't have said that" Jungkook said with his head down. He regretted how he talked to his hyung. He had always been close to him and admired him. He felt wrong, saying these hurtful things to him especially when he knows the actual truth.

Taehyung just kept on staring at Jungkook. He didn't know what to say. He was too stunned.

"But hyung," Jungkook looked up to his hyung with soft eyes.

"You know how much I care about you, but I also care about Y/n a lot. If you continue this, you both will only get hurt in the end. What if she suddenly gets her memories back? How are you gonna explain things then? Better to tell her now."

Taehyung didn't like how everyone kept telling him what he should do and now, especially since he knew what he was doing and everything was going fine. But he knows that they all meant it well. He closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

The boys were so busy with each other, that they didn't notice a figure coming down the stairs.

You had finished doing what you needed to do and came downstairs. You saw the boys talking and were about to walk towards them, but you stayed rooted on your spot when you heard something.

"Kook, it's just... I'm scared. I'm scared she'll leave me, once she knows she has no reason to stay with me." Taehyung spoke in a soft voice.

You didn't know what was going on. Was he talking about you? You started feeling scared and confused. You didn't want to stay to listen, but you couldn't move. Something in you told you to stay. So you quietly stood there.

"I know how much you love her hyung, but I know for a fact that she loves you just as much. No matter what you do, what you say, I know she won't just leave you. Just be honest with her and it'll be fine." Jungkook encouraged him.

You had felt something wasn't right. This conversation was about something serious. You could feel the tension in the air. You wanted to confront the boys because you wanted to know what is going on so badly, but you decided to just listen for now.

Taehyung didn't have any intentions of telling you, but he knew that Jungkook wasn't going to drop this if he didn't tell you. He was too nice to let something unfair happen to his loved ones after all. He couldn't bare to see that. So he had no choice but to tell you. He didn't want to lose you though.

Taehyung took another deep breath and spoke.

"Fine... I'll tell her."

Jungkook smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

You thought this was a good moment to get out of hiding and went up to the boys. You weren't happy with what you heard and it reflected on your face. You didn't like lies and secrets.

"Y/n, since when are you here?" Jungkook asked you with a little nervousness as you stood next to him.

"Just a second ago." You coldly replied. You turned to Taehyung and his eyes widened a bit when he saw your expression.

"Do you have something to tell me?" You asked him.

It made Taehyung wonder if you actually did hear anything. He gulped and spoke.

"I-I do..." He stuttered. He started feeling very scared and nervous now, seeing you like that.

"Well uum, I'll go now. Thanks for the food. Byee." Jungkook hastily said. He didn't want to see you at the moment. He somehow felt ashamed.

"Bye." You and Taehyung said. Jungkook walked himself out and left the two of you in a very awkward situation.

A few moments passed and you were getting impatient with Taehyung's silence.

"So, are you going to tell me or what?" You said with an irritated tone.

Taehyung gulped hard again. He was surprised by how intimidating you were at the moment.

"Let's sit down first," He says. You both sat down on the couch, but you sat on another side of the couch.

"Y/n, just know that-" Taehyung tried to speak, but an impatient you cut him off.

"Listen, Tae. I don't like all this secrets stuff, so don't beat around the bush and just tell me what you want to say." You started to get tired.

"Alright..." Taehyung took a deep breath.

"Y/n, all this time... I have been lying to you..." He said while looking down at his lap. He couldn't bare to see the look on your face.

"What do you mean...?" You asked in a soft voice.

"Remember the day you woke up in the hospital? You had asked me who I was. I replied saying I was your boyfriend but I lied."

"W-what?" Your heart started beating faster. She was scared of what he was going to say.

"I am your boyfriend now, but the moment you woke up... I wasn't."

Your heart felt like it was gonna stop any second now. You were starting to get hotter and your palms were already sweating.

"We broke up Y/n. Few months before your accident, we broke up."

"W-why?" You asked with disbelief in your voice.

Taehyung just stayed quiet. He continued looking at his lap. The curiosity got the best of you and you had to ask again.

"Tell me, Taehyung. Why did we break up?"

__________________________________