38: So What

Y/n's POV

I was at work in a meeting with my department. Throughout it, Jeannie was giving me dead glares. I could tell she didn't like that I was still bossing them around.

The meeting had ended so I collected my stuff while my colleagues already went away. I walked out of the conference room but got stopped by Jeannie. She was waiting for me in front of the door.

"Miss Jeannie? Do you need something?" I asked.

"I can't believe you still have the guts to show up here, Miss Y/n." She replied in a sassy tone.

"Look here, Miss Jeannie. I don't care about the way I got the position. I deserve this position now since I'm doing a great job. If you want to tell everyone I am Taehyung's girlfriend, then go ahead. You're welcome to. I will continue to work here as the head designer and will do my absolute best to support Taehyung. So please, if you will excuse me now." I brushed past her.

I could see the way her expression showed that she stood there dumbfounded. She probably didn't expect me to react that way.

I entered Taehyung's office to report on how the meeting went. His office kind of became a hang place for when I had nothing to do. I could enter as I wished. Perks of being the girlfriend of a CEO.

Tae was sitting on his chair looking at his laptop.

"Hello, Mr. Kim," I said in a teasing tone.

He looked up from his laptop and gave me a little smile, but it soon turned into a quite serious expression.

"Hey." He simply replied. What's going on?

"Tae?" I walked near his desk.

"What's wrong? Why are you so serious?" I asked him.

He glanced towards his laptop and faced me again.

"What were you talking about with Miss Jeannie?" He asked in a cold but curious way.

"Huh?"

"I saw you guys talking in the hallway. I was also looking at the CCTV footage." He stated while staring into my eyes.

I gulped. How intimidating he was then. I rarely see him like this, so every time it feels strange. Like, he isn't the Taehyung I know.

"Well umm..." He knows. He definitely knows something is up. I should just tell him now.

"Actually Tae, y'know how Jeannie now knows we are dating right? So um, she kind of blamed me for nepotism and just said some things... She also kind of threatened to tell everyone about us..." I quietly confessed to him.

He stood up from his chair.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" He didn't sound mad, but more like disappointed.

"I didn't want to burden you..." I softly answered.

I looked down because I couldn't look into those disappointed and deep eyes.

I heard him sigh. He suddenly walked to stand in front of me. He put his arms around me.

"You don't ever keep things like this from me, okay? Don't ever think you are a burden. You are my everything Y/n. Everything I do, everything I say is all for you. So please, just rely on me a little too." He softly said.

I almost teared up. Why is he always so perfect? Why is it always me that hurts him in some kind of way? We've moved on from what happened in the past but now, I've ruined things again...

"I-I'm sorry..." Tears flowed down my face.

"Don't be sorry. Just promise to tell me when something is wrong when you're feeling down or need me. Promise me you will tell me the truth about what's bothering you. Be honest with me, Y/n. I'll always be here for you." He cupped my cheeks.

"I promise."

He smiled lightly and wiped away my tears. He let go of me. We stared into each other's eyes.

"Good. Come with me now." He said and he grabbed my wrist and took me out of his office.

What's he doing?

Lunchtime had already started, so everyone was gathered in the cafeteria. Tae took me to the exact middle of it.

"Listen up, everyone!" Tae said in his intimidating voice.

People immediately knew who that voice belonged to, so everyone went quiet and put their focus on him. Tae was still holding my hand. I spotted Jeannie in the corner of my eyes, staring at us.

"I have an announcement to make. Ms.Y/n here is officially my girlfriend. I want you all to keep treating her with respect. If I hear any complaints or bad things, you know what the consequences will be.

He spoke with authority. Everyone just looked at us with wide eyes, not believing that their strict boss had a girlfriend and on top of that his employer.

I could see Jeannie looking at us angry but she didn't say anything. I didn't do anything except for staring at Tae. Even I couldn't believe he just announced our relationship like that in front of everyone.

"That's it," Tae said and dragged me away to his office again.

"I guess that's dealt with." He said as he slouched down on his couch.

I just stood there still not believing what he did.

"Come here." He said.

I walked towards him. He looked at me and patted his thigh. No way... My mouth slightly opened in shock and he smirked.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. He let me sit on his lap. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy.

"Comfortable, right?" He asked.

He surrounded my waist with his arms. I was burning up.

"So now since everyone knows about us," He snuggled his head in my neck.

"I can openly show just how much I can't resist you." He said in a deep, husky voice.

My face became red. My whole body was tingling. His hot breath which was fanning my skin, caused goosebumps to show up.

I can't resist him either...

__________________________