44: I NEED U

Author's POV

It was the next day. You had woken up late with dried-up tears on your cheeks. No one woke you up since they knew you needed rest. You slept quietly. You didn't dream about anything but didn't have any nightmares either. It was a quiet night, filled with pain.

You woke up and realized that you weren't in the same bedroom and bed you used to sleep in. You didn't wake up feeling the warmth of his body. You didn't feel his arms around you. You didn't see his beautiful bare face. Once you understood you weren't sleeping next to Taehyung the whole night, new tears fell from your eyes.

You got up and went to take a nice, warm bath to avert your mind.
-
Taehyung on the other hand, couldn't sleep that well. He was leaning against the front door the whole time, causing him to be extremely uncomfortable and cold. His whole back hurted. When he woke up, he just went to lie down on his couch. He didn't want to do anything, even though he knew he had work.

He was depressed. Didn't want to do anything now that his reason for living left. He felt terrible. He was sorry. Sorry for all the things he did, the lies he told, and for breaking the one he loves the most like that. But there's nothing he can do anymore...It was over.
-
You came out of your room and entered the kitchen, just to go back to your room with some food. You didn't want to come out of your room. No matter how much you missed your family, you weren't mentally prepared to act like everything was fine.

You ate your food and lay down in bed. You grabbed your phone from under the pillow. You expected a text, a phone call, or something from him but...nothing. It made you feel as if everything was indeed fake. It made you feel as if you were the only one imagining that what you had was real.

Hours passed and you finally left your room to go sit in the living room. No one had said anything to you about staying in your room the whole time. They figured you needed some time for yourself. You just got your memories back after months, after all.

You sat on the couch as you watched something on the tv. You weren't paying attention to the movie playing on it, as you were just blankly staring at it. Instead, your mind wandered off to Taehyung.

Felix cheerfully went to sit down next to you to watch the movie. You immediately noticed how his smell was different then from Taehyung's. Somewhere in your heart, you were disappointed it wasn't the same scent you loved smelling. It wasn't the same scent of the person you loved... Not that you didn't love Felix, it was your brother so obviously, you did but it still felt different of course.

It was hard for you. It hadn't even been one day and Taehyung was all you could think of. Everything reminded you of him.
-
Taehyung had been slouching down in the house the whole day. He felt like he had no purpose in doing literally anything. He didn't eat anything and just sat on the couch, thinking about you. Thinking about how he fucked up.

The day had gone by with you both thinking about each other. But that's all you could do. Think.
-
It was the next day and things already got worse.

You ate but didn't have the strength to do anything. You were also in a state of depression. You were tired, hurt, and crying the whole time. It wasn't good for your health. It wasn't good for your child. You knew that. Even though you felt absolutely shitty the whole day, you made sure to get all the nutrients that you and your child need. You weren't careless. Just hurt.
-
Things with Taehyung had gotten worse. He didn't go to work again and was just laying down in the dark on the couch with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and some plain bread on the table. He never drinks. He hates the taste of it. But now, he just drinks to forget everything. He wants to drink his pain away but it isn't really working. On the other hand, it's just making things worse.