chapter twenty six

Third person pov

They had decided to go to nast burger for dinner. When they got there Dipper had recognized it from when he and ghost boy went here once to hang out after a long day. When they went to sit down they asked for a conjoined table so the everyone could sit together.

"So Danny you never told us about Dipper. Why not?" Maddie asked the ghost boy.

"We met when I was at summer camp that one year.." Danny said nervously because that was the cover story for when he was captured.

"Yeah it was a great summer." Dipper said enthusiastically but in reality he was freaking out but as always no one could tell what was going on in his mind.

"Mhm definitely it was awesome." Ghost boy smiled at the time they had actually spent together after the accident.

Grunckle Stan and Ford were confused about what was going on. They had  concluded that the parents had no idea what was happening and decided to play along.

The parents were sceptical of what actually happened that year since they never remembered sending Danny to a summer camp. They dismissed the thought when Jazz had said the same thing but they still thought things were unusual. Both Danny and Dipper where hoping that this little lie would keep the parents away from there secret life's and keep them safe.

"So how long are you planning to stay in town?" Jack asked.

"Well I have to head back today for work but I'm sure that Dipper could stay for a while." Grunckle Stan stated. Ford agreed by slightly nodding his head.

"That sound like a plan and he could stay with us." Maddie said happily.

"That would be great but I have a place in mind." Danny said with a huge smirk that was growing.

"You don't mean?" Dipper creepily smiled. Which ghost boy responded too with a hum. You see some years ago while the ghost boy and hybrid first started to do missions together they had an HQ like any other. The difference was that it was completely hidden from the outside world and no one else could get in but them.

Well with their help others may get inside but wouldn't be able to do much since the technology was built by yours truly and can only be understood by the two.  They haven't been able to go there in a while due to circumstances but we're both giggling at the thought of finally going back.   

"That would be awesome plus Sam and Tucker could come." Ghost boy was so excited for this. "They can but you know the rules they.." Dipper started but got interrupted by ghost boy "must be blind folded bla bla bla I know."

"Where is this place you guys are talking about?" Maddie asked. She wondered what they were excited about since she has never heard of such a hideout before.

Danny looked at Dipper and they passed some silent monologue consisting of just tell her it's a secret or something and but I don't know how to say it. Both of the boys could talk to each other even without telepathy using a certain technique that only people with advanced hearing could detect but even then they would not be able to understand.

Dipper sighed "it's a secret we can't tell." Danny nodded approving his statement.

"Alright we trust you but don't be gone for long only just a few days alright." Jack said with Maddie's disapproval. She thought that Danny had been hiding something for months but she never could make sense of what it was. 

After a while the Pines left back to gravity falls. Except Dipper. The Fenton's headed home and Danny with Dipper in tow headed to a secret base they haven't used in a long while.

"Let's go they are leaving."  Someone had said as they watched the two boys walk to the forest.