Chapter 30

Dippers Pov

I woke up feeling well rested, and warm. Opening my eyes I look to see the we were all cuddling in the middle of the cave. Smiling I carefully got up, not disturbing the others, and walked over to the kitchen. Being as quiet as I could I took out some stuff for pancakes, and grabbing some bacon,  setting them on the counter and started cooking. I looked over to see that Maddie shifted closer to Danny encasing him in a hug, smiling at the scene I started to pour the batter into a pan. The smell of buttery pancakes, and bacon filled the air smelling like heaven.

Eventually after a few minutes I herd a groan coming from the middle of the cave. Looking over I see that the three others were waking up. Danny popped his head up inhaling the air, "What is that amazing smell?" He asked looking around until he finally looked my way, he saw the pancakes and jumped up sprinted over. Luckily I had already put out a plate for him set up in front of a chair, once he sat down he wolfed it down almost immediately asking for seconds. I happily gave him a second helping as I saw the two adults making there way to over to us.

"Good morning," I said. Maddie smiled, "good morning Dipper, the pancakes smell delicious." She took a seat next to Danny with Jack taking the one on the other side. "Thank you Maddie hope you enjoy them." She nodded her head and started eating once I had given her a plate. Once everyone had a serving and I gave Danny another I sat down myself to eat.

Once finished I put the dishes in the sink and plopped down on the couch. The breakfast was amazing, well partly because I cooked it but nonetheless it was good. I grabbed a remote and put on some back round noise when Danny joined me on the couch. He asked me to put on a certain show, an anime I think and honestly it was amazing.

Then I had gotten a text from Mable.

Mable: Hey dip n dot, um what are we supposed to do about "father"

Dipper: oh, sorry forgot about him. Don't worry I'll deal with him when I get home.

Mable: ok.

I put my phone away and looked up to see Danny staring at me, he looked somewhat conflicted. "What's up?" I asked. He took a deep breath, "I think..." He stopped contemplating how to say this. "I just got a notification... It's from a secret government site." He showed his phone to me, on the screen was two pictures of us in our alternate personal with a bounty to be caught alive. "Wait, what!!?" I quickly snatched his phone to look over it again, then looked at Danny.

"Do you think someone tipped them off?' I asked seriously. Danny just nodded, "I think it was some random person though. They could have found the footage and then posted it only for the government to take it down, confiscating the evidence." I nodded, it seemed reasonable because ever since the first time we were in the lab we became extremely cautious about our actions.

"GOD DAMNIT!!" I yelled out throwing the pillow that sat next to me across the room. Danny set his hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down, which worked but not as much as he hoped. "Your going to the gym aren't you?" He questioned or more like stated, I just nodded and stood up before heading to one of the rooms to change into a tang top and shorts. "I will be back once I cool down.

Time skip

I walked into the cave/living room with sweat dripping down my face and body when I noticed Danny cooking something. "Smells great!!" I called out, only just now noticing that the two adults were gone. "Also where did your parents go?" Danny responded without taking his eyes off the pan, "They had to go home and finish up a couple of projects. Although they did say before they left that I am welcome to come with you to Gravity Falls until the government gives up on looking for us."

I smiled at the news, although the cause wasn't great good news was still good news. "That's great, you could totally scar the living shit out of my father ... Everyone would be delighted." I saw the side of the halfa's mouth quirk up into a smirk. "Now that's one thing I'm absolutely doing when we get there. Though I do have one question." I took a seet at the bar, "What's that?' Danny turned around completely, "If the government did get the footage from some random civilian, then how did it capture such good photos of us?'

He made a damn good point, those pictures were way too detailed and clear for it to be some random camera footage or picture. They had someone professional tailing and taking pictures when they made a public appearance. Although I haven't been in public for a while and the picture was outdated I still look the same. "Your right, I think it's best if we keep an extra low profile for now until we can find out more about the situation." Danny nodded along when he suddenly turned around and gave me a plate of carne asada tacos. 

"Thanks!!" I dug straight in enjoying the taste, I haven't had Danny's cooking in so long but the taste never disappointes me. Later that evening we had decided to leave early the next morning to get a head start to Gravity Falls. We also decided to make it a race and see who can get there the fastest. We both headed to bed that night enlightened by each other's presence, even thought out hearts were heavy with worry of what's to come.