Kelcie's passion

Authors Note: First off, thank you all so much for reading and voting for this story. I truly appreciate it. I am so grateful.

This chapter is gives a little bit of the background to Kelcie's heart and her passion for the youth.

Chapter Five

"Make sure that you call whenever you make it back home....Matter of fact FaceTime me, so I can see for myself that you made it". Jadie said leaning in to kiss my cheek. "I love you and I'll miss you. You are coming back for Thanksgiving right?".

"Don't I always...I wouldn't miss your and mamas cooking for anything. Y'all have truly spoiled me... I guess it's back to take out and frozen veggies for me". I stated.

"Oh no ma'am. You come down early for thanksgiving, that way you can learn how to properly cook for your husband to be". She grinned

"Oh Lord. Please, not this again". I ran my hand down my face.

" Mark my words, your Jadie" she mocks," knows exactly what she's talking about. I'm not talking crazy now". She said brushing my bang out of the way.

Ever since Karsyn accidentally opened her mouth yesterday about Takeoff at lunch, she's been on a roll.
I rolled my eyes thinking back to yesterday after Karsyn spilled the beans

"I'm sorry". Karsyn mouth twisting her lips.  There goes that good lunch. My
Mother smiled while she put butter on her bread. "So, that would be twice?".

"Three times actually, because of the club" Briana decided to mention. I cut my eyes at her. I'm not sure who I wanted to scold more Karsyn or Briana. Although, I know that they didn't mean anything by it, it was still annoying.

"It was really only twice, that we talked. I only saw him at the club". I signed, "but seriously; can we talk about something else. I don't want our last lunch together for a while to be centered around a celebrity who won't even remember that I exist".

I saw a look pass between Karsyn and Bri, but I decided to ignore it.

"One last thing though Kelcie, I promise....you know that they say three times a charm.

"Bri. What's your point?"

"That means if there happens to be a fourth encounter, it has to be a match made in heaven. God had to be in it".

Or satan, I thought. As if she could read my mind, she went on "Don't be so quick to shut things down; things aren't always what we think. Who knows? Something beautiful can be formed".

"That's true sweetie". My mother said. Sensing my mood, Grandma Jadie shifted the conversation to a different topic—one I could enjoy. If only the other ones would catch the hint. "How about those STROS!". I gave her a thankful smile. She winked back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That evening I sat in the backseat of an Uber drivers car. Anxious to get back home. My eyes scanned the many buildings that we passed on our way from the airport, until my eyes landed on the community where I now reside. It was a newer community and also hoped to live there. Each time I passed by it, I fell more and more in love with it.  So much so that I move in a little under a year ago. All of the houses sat on beautiful properties, that gave each homeowner some form privacy.  I was more than thankful for that. I loved my neighbors but not being able to hear everything happening in their backyard was a plus.

I smiled big when my house came into view.

Home sweet home.

I thanked the Uber driver for my bags and promised a good star rating. I made my way up the drive way mimicking Dorothy and her friends when they followed the yellow brick road—scratch that, I think I looked more like Michael. I eased my way up that drive way until I reached the door and unlocked it.