Sometimes, we have to let go.

‼️Author's note: PLEASE READ‼️

First off, I want to say that I am so grateful to all of the readers, who have taken the time to read this story, Truly grateful. I will be taking a short break, my attention is needed elsewhere for now, but I WILL be back! It'll be so quick, you won't even notice that I'm gone.😉💛 In the mean time and I'm between time, share the story with your friends, I love feedback, so don't be afraid to engage in a conversation with me, I am very friendly. Let me know your likes and dislikes. LOL.

On a serious note, while I'm gone, I'm wishing and praying for everyone to have one of the best years yet, in whatever aspect that may be. Love you friends, thanks! Enjoy and happy reading!♥️📖 🚀

Chapter 13

Kelcie laid in the bed and listened as her mom updated her on the information that Dr. Mendez had given her, when she was asleep. It's been 14 weeks since she's been in the hospital and she was ready to go home. Dr. Mendez, came in last week, and checked her jaw, which thankfully was now fully recovered. She removed the wires from her mouth and gave strict instructions to keep the talking to a minimum, that Kelcie needed to ease her way into talking again, it's been awhile since her muscle have been used to full capacity. She did warn her that she may experience some discomfort but told her that it would get better with time.

"So, I can talk again?". She smiled confidently, wanting the make sure she heard the doctor correctly.

Dr. Mendez laughed "Yes, but again, ease your way into it. I know that you have a lot to say but take it easy on yourself. I mean you've had your jaw wired for some time". Dr. Mendez looked at Kelcie's face and couldn't help but hold back her laughter. The young girl was staring at her like the information she was giving was useless, Kelcie looked as if she had no intentions of following her instructions. Kelcie would, for now. This was some of the most exciting news that she could get.

"I finally can brush my teeth". Kelcie smiled from ear to ear.

The doctor and her mom laughed.
"Yes you can, but be very gentle, you can't open your mouth too wide just yet. So brush the front for now, we'll worry about the back later".

"Oh, I will. No worries there...but Doctor Mendez, what about my hip and leg". Kelcie looked down at the spica cast she was wearing. "We aren't all the way there yet with the hip and leg Kelcie, I'm sorry".

Kelcie groaned,"So, I won't be able to walk in Karsyn's wedding?".

"When is the wedding again?" Kelcie told her when it was and the doctor offered her an empathetic look, "No, Kelcie, I'm afraid not.".

She sighed and nodded her head, accepting the information the doctor gave, she thought that she would be healed up in time for Karsyn's wedding. She was disappointed that she wouldn't be .

"Your bones aren't completely healed just yet, that could take up to months for them to completely healed. Learning how to build your muscles back up, won't be an easy task, and I don't want you to strain yourself by releasing you too early".

Kelcie didn't say anything, so the doctor continued on, "You're going to have a great therapist, l may be bias but the therapist we have here are some of the best. Do you have any questions, regarding your physical therapy?

Kelcie shook her head "Nope, no questions, not since you crushed my dreams doc. Truly shattering them into a trillion pieces".

"Kelcie". Her mother said in a shocking tone. Kelcie was frustrated, which she had a right to be,but it wasn't the doctors fault, she didn't cause the accident.

"Well, I'm sorry about that Kelcie, I'm not here to be a dream crusher, but I am here to make sure that my patient has healed properly and you aren't going to be released until you are, fully healed. However, I am glad that you're getting better. You've come a long way since that day, fourteen weeks ago, I'm proud of you, you are truly a fighter..We just have to continue to take one day at a time, we will are going to make it there, if we do this correctly.