First Date🤍

Chapter Eight

"You got everything you need for your date tonight? Eyebrows done? Nails? Everything waxed up?".

Kelcie plopped down at the kitchen table and rested her hand in her hands".

Samantha rubbed her back "Girl, what is wrong with you?".

"Everyone is acting like I'm getting ready from the Grammys tonight, it's just a simple date. I've been from store to store with the girls and I try to get a break from that, and then y'all are calling and are like—Get your hair done like this, get your nails and toes done like that, get that wax girl, exfoliate your skin girl..like damn I get it".

"We just want you to be prepared".

"Takeoff is normal person and this is a normal date" she just about yelled, "And be prepared for what?"

She gave me a look like I knew exactly what she was talking about.

Kelcie quickly stood up "Mama, no. I am—we are not doing that".

Her mother pursed her lips "okay...but you rather be ready than unprepared, that's all I'm saying, and hopefully your attitude changes before that young man comes. A grumpy you, is not the best you....shoot maybe you need him to work those kinks out of you" she said walking out

"MAMA!".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelcie walked in the living room

"Ooo big ma-ma". Jadie whistled at her. "That's my grand baby looking good".

Kelcie did a curtsy "yes, he is taking thy royal queen out. He shall arrive upon horseback before dusk, thy shall return while the moon is highest in thy sky.

"I'm glad you are in a better mood. You look nice".

"Thanks mama".

Takeoff had called her earlier than day and told her to wear something formal casual.

She didn't own many formal clothes with her being a jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl, but she manage to pull off a wine red turtle neck body con dress that hugged her curves with a pair of black heels. She hoped he didn't plan for a lot of movement to take place because she wasn't going to make it in those heels.

She stood in front of the mirror, pulled her hair up in a ponytail, leaving some of her hair out for side curls. She applied a nude brown lip color to her lips and popped them. She finished up just in time, because there was a knock on the door.

She watched her mother move to open the door and she grabbed her jacket off of the bed.

"Hello Hello, come on in...you look nice..Make yourself comfortable, she will be right out.

"I'm ready actually". Takeoff turned to look at her. If his face was anything to go off then she knew that she looked damn good.

"Wow.....There's are for you". He presented her with a bouquet of roses mixed with her favorite—sunflowers".

Kelcie took them out of her hand "Awww, my goodness. This is so sweet, thank you". Kelcie smelled the flowers. "They're so pretty". She gave him a hug.

"You look so beautiful". He whispered in her ear

"You look good yourself..and I guess we think alike". She pointed to their tops. They were both wearing turtle necks. He looked so handsome. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail as well and he wore specs with a diamond encrusted rim.

"Mama, put these in water for me", she handed the flowers off to her mama.

She turned back to face him ,"I'm ready, when you are".