A change is coming

Chapter 12:

"Take, where your girl at?". Quavo tapped Take his shoulder

Takeoff sat back in the chair, outside, and blew smoke out of his mouth. He didn't answer Quavo, he just looked into the night.

Set walked up and taking the seat next to him, "Take, what's up man, who in the hell invited Latasia?"

He took another drag and blew the smoke between his lips, licking them after, he looked at Set, who was waiting for an answered then turned his attention back to the dark sky. "I don't know who invited her. What I do know, is that Kelcie walked off and although she seemed calm, I know that she's hurt."

"Hurt by what? You ain't do anything. You ain't do nothing, did you?" Quavo asked, lighting a blunt.

"I don't know a single female on this planet, that wouldn't be mad about that, I'm surprised her ass didn't slap you for that".

Takeoff smacked his lips," that's isn't all".

He explained how Kelcie had overheard him and Latasia in the hallway, "And now she's not answering the phone. I don't know what the fuck to do". He ran his hand through his dreads.

Set wrapped his arms around him. "Shit, it'll be alright Take. Just give her a minute to catch her breath".

"Man, I hope so. I really do".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He thought about what Set said, but what if she felt as if he didn't call enough and she pulled back completely. He shook his head, he couldn't have that happened.

"Baby. I know that you're mad, but please let me explain, please" He pleaded"Call me when you get this".

He called her and text her about five more times, and with no response, only then, did he decide to take Set's advice.

He would let her "cool down" for now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
His phone vibrated in his pocket, not being in the mood to talk; he ignored it and let it ring".

"Hey baby, I'm sorry about not taking your calls. I want to talk. I love you, call me back".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The guys were in a meeting with Coach K and Pee, discussing important dates but everything was going over Take's head, his mind was on Kelcie, she still hadn't called him back, and he wasn't going to lie, this situation with her, had him feeling all different type of shit. He tried to be understanding, but this was ridiculous. She couldn't possibly be mad about something that he no control over.

Once the meeting was finished, he hopped in his car, and went over to his mamas house, She was going to retwist his hair today, and he was glad, because he needed it.

"Titania, where you at?". He called out

"I'm in here". He walked into the kitchen and saw his mama cooking spaghetti,

"Call me Titania again, and watch me beat your ass with this dish towel, like I used to do. You ain't grown". She threatened him, he smirked and kissed her cheeked.

"I love you Titania". She swatted him with the dish towel

"Ow" he laughed, "what did you do that for".

"I told you" she held the towel in her right hand and pointed it at him"Try me again and I love you too", she looked at up at his hair "I don't know why you go so long without getting them re-twisted. It's just nappy as all get out".

"That's why I'm here to get it done, so you can bless my hair...but after I eat". He moved to the cabinet, pulling a bowl out and taking a fork from the dish holder.