🤍

Chapter 15

Authors Note: bleh, A short chapter, I hope you enjoy it all the same. Happy Thursday good friends!😍

Kelcie POV

I unwrapped my arms from his waist and take a step back, while wiping my face.

"Ugh! Tears. I hate it" I laughed to take the attention off of me crying.
He wiped my cheeks and kissed my forehead

"Tears are good. I heard that crying is good for the soul".

"So is food, and I would rather have that".

He chuckled at that and shook his head.

"You want to head out with me?". He motioned toward the door with his head, eyes hopeful.

I lifted a brow and crossed my arms. "Depends on where you're taking me?".

He smiled "Tag a long and find out?"

I bit my lip and looked at the door. "Do you trust me?". I heard him ask and I looked at him.

Ah, what the hell, I thought.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do. Come on" I grabbed my leather jacket and put it on. "How'd you get here?".

"My driver" he slid his hoodie back over his body, following closely behind me.

"My mama's car is out front, I can drive or maybe you should because I don't know where we are going".

He took my hand and lead us out the front.

I closed the store up and he followed me down the wet path to car. Careful of the puddles, we got in the car, and buckled up.

I breathed in deeply "You're okay. You're here. Nothing is going to happen, you don't have to be afraid, it's a feeling. It will pass. You can do this. You got this" I said to myself taking three deep breaths.

"You, okay?" He asked concern etched into his features. Butterflies flew in my stomach. He cared so much for me and that made me feel good. I nodded my head as I answered his question.

"After being in the accident, anytime I have to be behind the wheel or in a car period. I've had this fear. Mama, thinks I should seek out a therapist and I agree"

"So do I. You experienced a lot of trauma and anyone who can you help you through that is great. Moving on is apart of the process, you just have to take it day by day until you get to that point".

I didn't say anything at first. I looked at him trying to remember why we were in the car in the first place.

"Okay, so where are we going?".

"Just drive".

"I kinda have to know. Otherwise, how will I know, where to drive to".

"I'll give you instructions".

"You're so difficult Kirsnick " I told him starting the engine and driving down the road

"Your mama's car is nice, I'm surprised that she's letting you drive her car again".

I sighed "Yeah. Luckily for her, she has great insurance ,and trust me, she tells me all the time to bring her car back in one piece". I laughed "I tried to bring it back in one piece last time, but almost brought us both back in pieces" I said emphasizing pieces. I bursted out laughing and look over at him find him laughing as well.

"See, I told mama, I wasn't the only one who likes dark humor"

"You're outta line for that, but man, that was kinda funny, I'll give you that".