Chapter Five

When Sophie woke up, it was 9:00 so she had to get ready fast. She got in the shower and cleaned herself off, blow dried her hair, then threw on an outfit. She was wearing a checkered brown and white sweatshirt, white ripped shorts, and white tennis shoes. She threw her hair up in a cute messy bun, then applied some makeup. 

When she was done, she only had ten minutes until he got there

When she was done, she only had ten minutes until he got there. She checked her emails in her computer and saw that she got accepted into the college! She knew she probably would, but she was still happy that she hadn't lied to the boys.

She walked down to the lobby then stood outside to wait for Kyle. He pulled up in a taxi a minute later and stared at her through the window, then quickly snapped to his senses and got out to open the door for her. She giggled.

"Thank you, kind sir."

"Your welcome, beautiful lady." He winked then climbed in afterwards. "Nearest movie theater please." He told the cab driver, then they were off.

Kyle wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "So, you look nice today."

Sophie blushed. "Thanks. So do you." She looked at what he was wearing, a dark blue hoodie and jeans with Nike Air Forces for shoes. They talked a little until they got to the movie theater.

"They're playing some older movies, not old old, but not the newest ones. What do you want to watch?"

Sophie scanned the different movie options, then saw one based off her favorite book.

"Ooh, they are playing Maze Runner?"

"Oh wow I love those books."

"Me too."

"So you want to watch that one?" He hooked his elbow with hers.

"Yep." They walked up to the counter and bought two tickets, then went to the snack counter to get popcorn, soda, and candy. They walked into the room that was playing the movie and sat down in their seats. Sophie sat the popcorn bag between them and her drink in the cup holder.

"Thank you for coming with me." Kyle whispered. In her ear as the movie started or play.

"Thank you for asking me." She whispered back then leaned her head on his shoulder. As the movie played, her mind pieced together all the parts that were different from the books, thanks to her photographic memory. She settled in next to Kyle, curling up in his side half way through the movie. She felt his gaze on her but pretended she didn't notice. He wrapped his arm around and started gently rubbing her arm.

Even though things could be better, like being with Keefe and the rest of her friends and family in the Lost Cities, this was good. She just met him, but she really liked Kyle. She had a new family. And if the Neverseen came after this one, she would protect them with all she had.

Please read a/n, it's important!

A/N: I quickly want to say, if any of you are actually reading this, that you are not alone and there are people that care about you. I saw yesterday here on watt pad someone bullying someone who didn't deserve it! They even made an entire account for it! This people need to be stopped, so if you know anything like that happening, stop them. Don't stand by and do nothing. If it's in real life, tell someone. If it's here on wattpad, report them. And if you're getting bullied, or someone's making you feel not worth it, don't give up, don't give in. Keep fighting, things will get better. Don't give them the light of day, and don't let it show even if it does get to you. If they see it doesn't get to you, then they'll stop. And if you ever need someone to talk to about something, I'm here. You may not know me personally, but I cannot stand it when people enjoy hurting other people. And even if no one is causing you negative feelings, but you're feeling them about yourself, talk to me about that too. I know how that feels, and there's no great way to stop it, but I can relate with that. So basically, if you guys are ever experiencing anything and need to talk, or just want to talk in general, pm me. And know that I may not know you, but I'm on your side. As are many other people who care about you.