Chapter Thirty-Two (Tony POV)

Tony had never felt more pain than when the dagger connected with his back. But it wasn't from the sharp blade, or anything physical. It was from Sophie. The fear and pain written on her face. Her eyes said it all. She was breaking.

Tony felt vain, but he enjoyed knowing she loved him that much. She loved him so much that she was breaking.

Any thoughts of happiness melted when she screamed. 

Her scream, it made Tony want to kill the killer. 

Her scream, Tony would do anything to make sure she never screamed like that again. 

Her scream,  it sounded as if she would never feel again. Only pain, only suffering.

So Tony was going to make sure of one thing. One thing he could say he accomplished with his time on earth. That Sophie Foster would stay alive. That Sophie Foster wouldn't let any of this break her. If he had it his way, she would never feel pain again, no one would ever hurt her. She would be free from every burden-

"Tony." Sophie's voice gasped. "Tony, look at me." She was on the ground next to him, holding his head in her hands. Her eyes were full of love.

He was going to get her out of there. No matter what.

"Sophie, you need to go. Please, go. Save yourself. You can't save me." He knew she wouldn't listen. She was stubborn like that, caring like that. But he had to try. The killer was going to catch up, if she was going to survive she needed to go quickly.

"Shut up." She hated being told what to do. One of the things Tony loved about her. "You're gonna make it, alright? You have to make it."

She was hanging onto loose threads, they both knew it. The only way to get her to leave, tell her the truth, make her accept it. And most importantly threaten her.

"I'm not going to. You need to go, before he catches up. Go! Now or I'll never forgive you." It was cold, but he couldn't bear to see her get hurt just because he didn't have enough endurance. And if it worked, it worked.

"Okay. Okay." It shocked Tony. She actually agreed? But he knew the answer to that. She would do anything for the ones she loved. "But I want to tell you the truth. I love you more than you could know. And that's why I need to tell you, I'm not human. I'm an elf. I know I sound insane, but I didn't- I didn't want you to leave me not knowing the truth."

Tony had known there was something different about her. Another reason he loved her, she wasn't like the others and she knew that. She used it to her advantage. But an elf? Elves exist? She did sound insane, but he believed her. He would always believe her. She wouldn't lie to him, especially not while he was dying. She wasn't like that. She was nice, she wouldn't hurt anyone unless they deserved it. 

"I believe you. I'll always believe you. I love you so much, now leave!!!" He watched her stumble away. She looked hurt, betrayed. But most of all? Guilty. Knowing her, she would want to stay with him, be there for his last breath. She would die if she did that. And he wouldn't let her die.

So he continued to watch her, the love of his life, run away. He continued to look after her until she turned a corner. She was heading towards Charlie's room. He'd protect her. Tony had long suspected that his friend wasn't romantically interested in anyone, Aro/ace, so he knew nothing would go on between the two.

Tony gasped for air, blood trickling out of his mouth. What he thought was pain when the blade first pierced his skin, it was nothing compared to what he felt after Sophie left. Sophie had distracted him, taken away the pain. She always did. He never felt any pain when she was around. Sophie could always do that to people. Make them feel their best, be their best. She could make them forget about anything that was wrong.

When his brother's anniversary rolled around, the day for mourning was instead replaced with happiness and laughter. The day where he would miss not being the only son in a family of seven daughters was instead filled with the joy and euphoria of being just near Sophie. 

And any pain he felt from his grandpa's death just a month prior of Sophie arriving? Gone. Tony had been closer to his grandpa than either of his parents. His grandpa taught him how to cook with their Italian heritage, how to play guitar, even how to win in basketball. But he never felt sad about it again after meeting Sophie. She understood loss and she mourned with him. Made him realize that his grandpa, his unborn brother, they would want him to move on. So he did. With Sophie.

But all the pain was back in tenfold. His heart knew it would be the last time he would ever see Sophie. With her leaving, so did any peace he got from the deaths of his family members. 

As she left, so did more blood from his body. He had long ago accepted death, knew it was always around the corner. He wasn't scared for himself, whatever awaited him on the other side, he would deal with it. Who he was scared for was Sophie. What would happen to her? Would she survive that night? Would he see her again sooner than he thought? He hoped it would be a long, long time before they would meet again.

Tony snapped out of his dying thoughts as footsteps approached. The killer. But, there was something wrong. The killer knew something, was planning something. Why else would they only be walking when they could run and catch up to Sophie?

Tony gathered all his strength and brought his arms underneath him. He was glad he did so many push ups, it definitely helped him to stand up. Even while dying, his resolve was strong. This killer would not hurt Sophie.

Tony buffed out his chest and stood in the middle of the hallway. No matter how much pain he would go through, Sophie. Would. Stay. Alive. 

"You think you can save your little girlfriend?" The killer's voice was cold, rough. It fit their personality. "You don't know what type of monster she is. She deserves everything that's coming for her." 

"No one deserves to die." Tony spat the words out with his blood.

"Says the dying man. Get out of my way."

"You won't get near her. I won't let you."

"You don't have much choice, Tony. You're weak. And believe it or not, she's weaker. She might as well be dead now. This," their gloved hand gestures to the knife in Tony's back, "is killing her more than I ever could."

"She's strong. She doesn't need me to survive. She's survived this long and I know her. She won't give up. She'll fight you and she'll win."

"I wouldn't bet on that." The killer charged, knife raised. Tony ducked with his foot stuck out, successfully tripping the cloaked figure and causing himself pain. But Tony knew when to take his chance. He leapt onto the killer and started punching them. 

He kept going until a sharp pain appeared in his stomach. It was worse than he could've imagined. Especially when the blade twisted. Tony dropped to the side and gasped for air. The killer grabbed him by the shirt collar and pushed him against the wall, plunging the knife into his stomach a second time. And a third time. Again and again and again.

The killer must've eventually thought it was enough an released him. And even with all the pain Tony was experiencing, he was proud of himself. He bought Sophie a few more minutes.

He laid on the ground and watched the killer walk away until his eyes closed and he took his final breath.

"I love you Sophie, and I always will."

A/N: I know what you guys are probably thinking. Another chapter??? And at nearly eleven??? But I just had to get one of Tony's pov, and I think this might be my fav chapter so far that I've written. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this special chapter, please comment and vote and I'll see you next time. Bye! (When a special chapter you didn't plan for us two times longer than the actual chapter XD)

-V