Chapter 13

Stevies Pov

V wasn't kidding when she had said the weekend was her busiest time. It was only 7pm and we were still packed.

I already made 150 dollars in tips and I had two hours left on my shift.

Many people come out for the outlandish milkakes that carry every sweet thing you could dream of.

It's a sweet tooth heaven if it's what you are craving.

Also the fact that's its a nice spot for teenagers to hang out in to get the usually food like burgers and fries.

V just makes the place a vibe. On weekends she turns on these low lights that string around the restaurant to give it a nice ambiance for little love birds who like to get away, but also like some sweet old school music.

It's a nice place at night especially if you're looking to take your sweetheart somewhere. I loved coming here as a kid and playing almost every song on the juke box.

My dad would put on My Girl by the Temptations every Sunday when we would come out for family dinners. He would sweep me and mom across the almost empty dance floor.

I would place my little feet on his as he would twirl me across the floor with him. I would squeal with laughter as we would spin in circles. It was our tradition and it was something that once made me smile, but now it just feels me with a sadness that makes the memory taste bitter.

I am snapped back as I here the commotion of the busy restaurant buzzing around me.

I realize tears are prickling my eyes as memories of my dad are resurfacing. I quickly fan my face so mascara doesn't run down my cheeks.

That for sure would put an end to my tips.

I quickly grab a bottle of ketchup behind the counter as I hurriedly make my way to one of my tables. A family of four.

"Here is that ketchup for you. I am sorry for the wait. Is there anything else I can get for you?"
I say sweetly as I plastered a fat grin on my face.

Anything to make money. Please say no please say no.

The dad shakes his head as he devours his triple cheese. The mom gives me a small smile. The kids a boy and a girl were to busy blowing bubbles into their drinks to notice me.

I say my goodbyes as I give them their check and move onto the next tables.

Time goes by for the next hour and the restaurant starts to settle down. We still had a few tables, but not any recently new ones.

I sit behind the counter counting my tips as Malorie was standing next to me at the hostess stand.

Malorie was actually sweet if you could get over the whole creepy smile thing.

She was a freshman in college and she loved butterflies.

Yeah I don't know either, but I mean butterflies are super cute. As long as they don't land on me.

Hey, it happen one time when I was eight and the damn thing peed on me. You heard me correctly butterflies can pee.

Right! Who knew?

Anyways, Malorie had a girlfriend who was really into nature so I guess they had that in common.

I am at 227 when I hear Malorie lean over the stand to the counter.

"Incoming ten o'clock super hot guys coming in and with a cute girl."

I look up in the direction she said as I see the big guys but not just any big guys. Mine.