Chapter 35

Stevie's Pov

I dreaming I know I am because I see myself looking back at me. Little me.

I'm ten, with my Hannah Montana night dress on she is quiet as she stares at me. Observing me. Her head cocks to the side before turing towards a door.

Her hand outstretched, I cautiously take little me' hands as she takes me somewhere. She never says a word as we walk down a long dark hallway. I hear voices whispering about with an over head light shining down on where the voices are coming from.

Where are we? How did I get here?

I look around confusingly as my little self seems so sure she knows where she is going. She stops suddenly. He nails digging into my hand before turning her same grey eyes on me. Wide with suprise.

"Pay attention, Stevie." Came out of her voice, but it wasn't a sweet high child voice it was the voice of my mother.

My brows furrow, I don't know what's going on. I can feel my heart beat start racing. Panic sets in, as well as confusion.

I glance around to get me out of this. I don't won't to be here anymore. This is a mistake.

"I am going to tell her soon, but I won't leave her."

I here the familiar voice of my dad. Instantly I am calm. I take off running, to get closer to my dad.

I start screaming his name. "Dad.....Dad where are you."

I am met with silence. Until I see that an over head light comes over my dad and a woman. Both whispering close together, who is she?

She isn't my mother, my mother's hair a dark dirty blonde. This woman's hair was long and wavy, and two shades lighter. Like pale golden strands.

He is whispering something close to her ear as she grabs his forearm and throws her head back and laughs.

Jealous and anger rushes through me at the fact my father seems to be flirting with a woman that isn't my mother.

Also that the fact they seem so close, and unaware of me.

I glance down to my left to see little me is gone. I turn around to see where I went, but still as I catch the pink of my nightgown. I am little me.

I stare at my father as he talks lovely at this strange woman in our house. He leans in and brushes some hair from her face I don't get a good look at it. Just an outline of a pert nose, and full lips.

Eager to get closer. I stretch onto my tiptoes, nosy to see who the woman is in my mother's house.

Before I could see her they both vanish like smoke. Disappearing like ashes in the night sky during a bonfire.

Where did they go. I need to know. I need to...

A voice in my head interrupts me "Are sure you want to know."

I wake suddenly with a gasp as I turn towards my right to see morning filtering in through my white curtains. My body clammy from the weird dream.

I think hard about what it could mean, but I shake it away. My father would have never cheated on my mother. They were in love, and I remember they never even fought really.

I read somewhere dreams just interrupts things that happen differently so it twists them into your worst fears. I don't believe it for one second that my father was capable of sleeping with another woman.