Chapter 41

Sin's Pov

"I want out." My tone steady as I throw half of the money I owe to Shiv down in the table infront of us.

The woman on Shiv's lap barley clothed watches me with wide eyes. One eye is black like she got clocked in it. A small amount of displeasure rolls through me.

Now I know I am not a saint, far from it. However the one thing I dispise more then anything is putting your hands on a woman.

My fists clenching at my sides, while waiting for Shiv to agree to my terms.

His eyes go from the cards in his hands as the surronding group all around the poker table wait for his move.

Goon stands behind me, as I walked in here getting the usual pat down. This morning it took everything in me to walk away from Stevie.

The memories of last night flashing vividly leaving my cock hard, aching for a rerun.

Yet I had to leave, I had this to take care of.

Shiv sucks air through his teeth as he folds the cards down. "I'm out."

Someone takes his cards, he pats the woman on his knee to move, and she does getting up quickly and disappearing behind a beaded curtain to the back.

Shiv doesn't make a move to get up. Just casually looking at me with an unfriendly grin.

He grabs the envelope full of cash I threw down, peering into it. "Not really how this works white boy."

His tone playful, but his eyes deadly. I know how he works. He installs fear into the people that work for him. Any one with courage to want out either go 'missing' or windup dead.

Since I don't plan on either of those things. I pay my debts, and that's exactly what I am doing.

Shiv took a kid, desperate for money with no way out, and like a dummy I played right into it. But I can't play anymore, this isn't the life I want.

Either it's because I'm falling for Stevie or the fact Lily will be old enough soon to undestand what I am doing. I can't have them both worry about me wondering if everytime I walk out the door, I might not be coming back.

I won't let them loose me. Hell, that includes Beau, and Heath too. If Stevie decides to share all of us forever, than so be it. I am all in.

Hopefully she will be too.

I shrug my shoulders casually, my hands in the pockets of my jeans. Trying to act anything other then tense. "That's half of what I owe you, and I can give you the other half by the end of this week."

His eyes furrow, and the smirk slowly leaving his face. I could tell he isn't enjoying the lack of control he doesnt have over me anymore. I have been slowly saving up for this occasion. I knew I couldn't just ask to leave out of this. Shiv wants you to pay up either with blood or money.

Since most of us never come from money, so when we start making money we get blinded by it. Along with the lifestyle.

Most young and stupid with not a ton of responsibilities, blow it on more drugs and women. I however save because I will never be as broke as I was. Plus I have someone who depends on me to make smarter choices.

He glances up at me, "So I see you got this all figured out."

I nod my head, my shoulders tense, hoping he takes the terms. I won't out more than anything, and to never come back to this shit hole.

I can respect him for giving me a chance to survive. However in the next short 6 months, this town, and every sinful thing in it will be in my review mirror.