Chapter 32

Beau's Pov

I nervously wipe the sweat from my palms onto my jeans as I stand outside of V's.

I watch Stevie inside through the window as she works through serving Friday dinner.

The rowdiness of the packed restaurant is heard from outside along the street. The 50s dinner playing old school music a soothing jazz feel upon passer-by ears.

V's is really busy during Friday nights, but Stevie seems to be having a good time. A big smile plastered on her face as she talks to customers while bringing their food to them.

I am here to ask her out even though what she went through with those Jackasses last week made me think twice if it was a good idea.

Yet the guys persuaded me to ask her. That she might need this time away. The intention is to take her someplace nice, and if she wanted too we could do other things. Yet that was not set in stone.

I didn't feel right about her thinking I am only in it for one thing. I am anxiously aware she has been on edge lately.

Even though having sex with Stevie is something I want more than anything, but I willing to wait when she is ready. I have already waited 18 years what's a few more.

This past week we all have been walking on egg shells since Stevie told us what she could about Trent and Chad assaulting her at the Boo Bash.

It doesn't feel right to see them at school knowing that they seem to have gotten away with it.

Yet Stevie wanted it left alone, and not bring attention to it. Like Sin had said, she just wants to forget it.

However, I suspect it is bothering her alot more than she is letting it show.

I know from the way I felt, Heath, and hell even Sin too. That it was one of the hardest things to do, watching her go through this without them getting any consequences.

Heath has a plan, nothing obvious, but something to let those deviant bastards know they fucked with the wrong girl.

I suck air throw my teeth before quietly blowing it out. I nervously run my hair through my short blonde curls before opening the door to V's

The moment I step in I am hit with the aroma of fried foods that make my stomach grumble with hunger. Stevie notices me right away as she comes to the front.

"Well what a nice suprise. What are you doing here." She replies with a gleam in her pale blue eyes.

I shrug, my hands tucked into my coat pocket so she doesn't see how clammy my palms are.

I give her a small grin, as I notice her watching me. A blush tries to hit my cheeks, before I shake it away.

"Wondering if you have time for a break." I timidly ask her.

She gazes up me confusingly as she cocks her head to the side. "Sure, give me one second."

She runs off to the back, I am sure, as another girl gives me a menu and leads me to a booth.

I quickly scan through the menu as I try to figure what I should get.

"Here you go." I look up aware Stevie came back.

I grin at her as she sits in the opposite booth in front of me. I glance at what she placed down on the table to see a sweet tea. She got one for herself as well.

"We got 30 minutes to talk." She says as she takes the straw between her teeth and sucks the sweet tea down.

The action alone shouldn't of made my mouth go dry as I watch her tongue wrap around the straw as my mind provides images of how it would feel for her tongue to be wrapped around something else.