Chapter 54

Stevie's Pov

"Stevie is that you?" My mother calls out as I place my bag down on the table. Completely wore out after chasing Lily around in her Elsa costume.

Who knew kids could be so damn energetic. God she never stopped moving around. Yet I couldn't be more elated to have spent time with her.

Sin and I both decided to wait until she got to know me more before disclosing that I am also her sister. It would probably confuse her at the moment and we didn't need her going to school telling her friends that her brother dates her sister.

That would be extremely awkward.

"Yeah it's me mom." I call out as I make my way to the the kitchen. I see her and V both sitting at the table dressed in expensive ball gowns drinking glasses of white wine.

"Why are you guys so dressed up?" I say as I inch forward placing kisses on both their cheeks.

"You don't remember? Tonight is the charity auction galla." I groan as I take out a cold bottle of water from the fridge.

"Do I really have to go that mom." I whine as I try to come up with a reason to get out of it. I would rather go skinny dipping during shark week then go to another snooty ball. Where privileged people can pat themselves on the back for a job well done at raising money for someone or something in desperate need.

We all know if they were in those conditions they would just judge them. Look at how they treat people from Somerville for Godsakes.

"Yes, you have to go, now go get ready. Your dress is laying on your bed. We will already be late." Her tone snippy as she basically tells me it's my fault we will be late.

I grit my teeth trying not to snap at my mother. Lately both of us not being able to stay in the same room without arguing.

I still haven't changed my mind on my future and she still doesn't think it's a good plan. I don't care what she thinks, it's my life not hers.

I storm up to my room, taking the black Chanel dress off the hanger. Even though I am frustrated with my mother she has good taste.

The dress silky in the material as silver bands hold up the spaghetti straps. The neck line swoops across my chest. Leaving something to the imagination. I pair it with three inch silver heels. My mom thinks any taller is trashy and not respectable.

Much to her disgrace she hates the fact I am carrying on with three boys at school, but she will get over it. I am eighteen and I love them. V is more then thrilled with the idea, always asking for details. I couldn't help, but wonder how they ended up best friends.

My mother reserved in her old fashion ways where as Veronica is more carefree with life.

I finally come down after placing a small amount of makeup on. I really didn't care to go out so what is the point of going full face.

"Let's go." With that I try to get in a better mood as I deal with tonight's events.

When we finally get there, many of the rich elite families that basically made Agusto are here. My mother smiling wide as she tries to mingle in with people. No doubt trying to win over people with talks of politics and future promises of her campaign.

Me and V find a table as I watch with boredom at the fandom of rich people smiling fakely at other rich people.

V gets caught up to talking to a girl she went to school with as I sit in silence as I think about the guys. This event would have been so much more tolerable if I could have brought them, but my mother thought that wouldn't have looked good for her.