Chapter 21

Stevie's Pov

Friday comes and I am not in a good mood. I think I am pmsing or something. Or the fact I hadn't seen Heath for three days.

It is currently lunch, and I am waiting to see him come through those doors with his big body. As he gives me a big flirtatious dimpled grin that makes my insides weep amoung other things.

Yet as I look around for him he doesn't show. The others are sitting around me, but I could hardly focus even as Beau grabbed my hand that still made me feel as if I got zapped by electricity.

I smile at him to assure him I am okay.

However I continue to stare at the lunchroom doors for my big guy.

"He isn't coming today." Someone states behind me.

I wasn't really focusing until Beau's lips made contact with my fingers making my breathe quicken slightly.

I snap my focus to him as he eyes fill with worry.

I see Sin looking at me as well and realize he was the one who spoke.

Well I guess he took my advice at being civil to each other. That's a step up from the hostile conversations we always have when we are around one another.

Still I don't understand what he was saying to me.

"I'm sorry what." I say confusingly. My still in a daze from wondering were Heath is, and Beau's thumb stroking the center of my palm.

"I said you won't see him today. Well not at school, but you will see him at the game tonight."

Confusion still on my face as Sin speaks to me.

"I assume you are looking for Heath. He isn't coming to school today."

"Why not?"

Sin shurgs at my curiosity. "It's his birthday, Heath hates his birthday especially this one."

Beau sighs while running his hand through his short blonde curls that made it look some what messy.

I have the urge to run my fingers through the golden locks.

Yet I refrain from being distracted by this Greek God even though my body is trying to betray every logical thought in my mind.

"For as long as we known Heath he has always dreaded his 18th birthday." Beau states.

I take in what they say somewhat confused because most boys who turn eighteen, love the idea that according to the state you are a man now.

Like somehow turning a year older makes you grown or determines you are a "man", but I digress. That's just the ignorance of the male  patriarchy.

I just know most guys who turn 18 feel the night with booze, girls, and a big party so I was interested in why Heath did not.

"How can he hate his Birthday?" I question curiously at my friends and Sin.

We are just not at friend level yet.

Belle finally speaks up from her book to take interest in our converstaion.

"He is a dependent of the state, but once you turn 18 your arent in the system anymore.  Therefore no more cash flow for his foster father."

"Oh. So his foster father will do what?  Kick him out. You think he would really do that?"

I look around at their faces. And the look in all of them said exactly what I ask to be true. That Heath's foster father is an asshole who would put Heath out.